Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Due to the impending release of 1.3.0 Beta I have now added the code and re-branched on git hub.

1. This requires a 1.3.0 FRESH Install. It CANNOT be installed over anything. Do not ask.
2. This DOES NOT include and other modifications other than Custom Data Grabbing and Series Link and nor will it. If you wish to add extras then you will have to do so yourself.
3. No I am not going to include the TBS quick change code, yet.
4. Follow these instructions carefully:

Completely uninstall any version of Mediaportal (deleting all databases) , this includes 1.3.0 Alpha.
Install a fresh copy of 1.3.0 Alpha.
Download and Install this First
Download and Install this Second
Stop the TV service and Close TV Setup
Copy this file to /Program Files/Team Mediaportal/TV Server/
Copy your required plugin from the first page to the /Program Files/Team Mediaportal/TV Server/Plugins.

If you follow these steps 1 by 1 it will install and it will work.

Please do not fill this thread with questions which are answered above.

If you require help outside of these instructions then ask away and I will help. I will not respond to requests for code merges/changes that suit your personal needs.

The aim here is to get this functional and operational 1.3.0 Alpha version of the Custom Data Grabber.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
There will be problems with this that are not related to the modifications.

I have found one already and that is the skip steps are broken.

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
July 3, 2010
I am currently on 1.2.3 at the moment with this custom data grabber.

I have a problem with series recording. Sometimes when I set a series recording after a few days it doesn't show up red in the epg (saying its recording) , however if I go to check scheduled recordings it shows there and it does actually record.

Is this a bug or any ideas?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
I don't get this issue on 1.3.0 nor did I experience it on 1.2.3.

Depends how long ago you installed also as there have been a lot of changes in the code.

Another note to everyone. I have just made a modification to the Turbosat Branch which fixes the issue of not being able to tune to dvb-s channels if the modulation was set to anything but "Not Set".

So if you wish to merge then it will now work.

Oh and I've found the problem with the Hauppage cards also. I will be creating a new branch that will fix the "no signal" issue with most SD channels.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I am currently on 1.2.3 at the moment with this custom data grabber.

I have a problem with series recording. Sometimes when I set a series recording after a few days it doesn't show up red in the epg (saying its recording) , however if I go to check scheduled recordings it shows there and it does actually record.

Is this a bug or any ideas?

Yes I get this too - it's been there for quite some time, and certainly through the last 2 or 3 releases and I posted in the StreamedMP threads about it many months ago.
    Still happens, but I just live with it now! Dunno if it is fixed in 1.3..

I'm gonna wait to upgrade MP - my 1.2.3 seems just fine at the moment, and I just added a QNAP with 4x4Tb drives to my network, so the missus already had some TV downtime!

Cheers :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    QNAP? And 4x4TB? Nice :)

I'm in the wrong job ;)

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Guys what skins are you using cause I can't replicate it. Are you using a client? Is the client on the TV Server machine?

@psykix How much did that set you back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom