custom names for recordings and series link

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by foxbenw, September 14, 2011.

1. foxbenw
    • Premium Supporter

foxbenw MP Donator

Fund Manager
    Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hello
    I am quite new to MP. I am enjoying it so far. There are some things I would like it to do that I used to get with Sage, but also some extras that are excellent.

I have a couple of questions on recording TV series. Hopefully someone can help.

1) Is it possible to force the %series% value in recording\custom filenames (in TV Server config) to be XX, not just X? ie to get S04 rather than S4?

2) If I do a series link and use the avoid duplicate episodes option, will MP forget it has already recorded a particular episode if I then move that .ts file over to another folder (where I have pointed the TV series plugin)?
    (ie it'd be cool if MP could monitor other folders when deciding if I already have an episode. I like the idea of moving my recorded tv series over to another, more permanent, folder)

Thanks
    Ben

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,220 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ben

I don't think so, sorry.

Yes, it will forget. However, you could potentially automate this process with a script that renames and move new recordings, and then [manually] re-import the permanent folder into the TV Server recording DB occasionally. The manual step is the killer I know, but unfortunately I can't think of any better way to do what you want. My proposal should work as long as you keep and also rename the XML files that are produced when the recordings are originally created.

So to be clear: if the recording file is not present in the location specified in the TV Server DB then TV Server will record [duplicates] anyway.
    To (re)import recordings, you need the XML metadata files to be present in the same folder as the file you are trying to import, and the name of the XML file must match the name of the video file (except for the extension of course).

mm

• Like Like x 1
  4. foxbenw
    • Premium Supporter

foxbenw MP Donator

Fund Manager
    Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for the answers. I suppose I will just have to live with the filenames not sorting correctly in explorer. Not sure how I'll cope really.

On the second one, I will have a go with importing another folder back in to the tv server database. Happy with that as a workaround and don't mind processing a few duplicates.

By the way, if I have a 'series link' recording stored for a particular show, using all times all channels, how long will that search remain there? If there is no positive result in the current xml data will it pick it back up next time something does appear?
    (Sorry for asking something that I could find the answer to simply by waiting for it to happen, but better to be sure)
    Thanks
    Ben

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!