Custom series/episode numbers? (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is there a way to use custom series and episode numbers for imported files? I've labelled the episodes of one show I have recorded (8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown) according to Wikipedia, yet thetvdb.com uses completely different series and episode numbers. Thus, when I import it into MP-TVSeries, nothing matches.

I don't know which of thetvdb and Wikipedia is right, but is there a way to use custom series and episode numbers during import?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but using thetvdb.com info is the easiest way to get things working.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @lisag is right, the answer is no.

There is not okay to use Wikipedia as source for thetvdb.com, but look up the series on imdb.com or @ the channels that broadcast it and change the series in thetvdb.com. If you think thetvdb.com has the wrong order.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies. Annoyingly, this show is locked on thetvdb.com and Channel 4's website doesn't list either series or episode mumbers in their "episode guide". I know Sky's EPG lists episode numbers but not series numbers, so I have no idea what source is being used for either thetvdb or Wikipedia.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can try search in the forum at thetvdb for answer. Or contact the person that have look the series.

If you don't know so is Wikipedia not a valid source for adding and changing series at thetvdb.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there a way to use custom series and episode numbers for imported files? I've labelled the episodes of one show I have recorded (8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown) according to Wikipedia, yet thetvdb.com uses completely different series and episode numbers. Thus, when I import it into MP-TVSeries, nothing matches.

I don't know which of thetvdb and Wikipedia is right, but is there a way to use custom series and episode numbers during import?

There are sites dedicated to keep that mess sorted, in your case --
    http://thexem.de/xem/show/2568

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom