Custom Skins (1 Viewer)

JadedHeart

Portal Member
September 17, 2010
Have any one had the idea to create custom skins to iPimp? I think it would be a good idea to have the same “interface” to the MP TV Server and only change the skin of the GUI. It would of course have been easier if the “backend” of iPimp was based on xml or JSON and not actual HTML.

With custom skins I mean adaptations for Ex. IPad, PC or even to use the interface with an MSN bot.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, since he uses a special framework, that actually creates the iPhone-like interface, I don't know if that's actually possible.

JadedHeart

Portal Member
    September 17, 2010
    To make an "backend" that generates som sort of unified data should not be impossible to do, the question is more if the creator is intressted to do this work or not.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are lots of people interested in doing this. There are other threads elsewhere on the forums discussing it. The question - as always - is time.

JadedHeart

Portal Member
    September 17, 2010
    It should not be impossible to "port" the functions from iPimp to a more unified backen...

Maybe I can take a look at that just a quicki to estimate the work load for this

In my opinion it's a low to medium effort to modify the code to be able to port this to a “more” unified format…

JadedHeart

Portal Member
    September 17, 2010
    I have done some "investigation" regarding this task but unfortunately I am in China for business this month so there fore I do not have access to any .Net Studio. I will continue to make the software updates nessesary when I go back home.

My plan is to remove all HTML related functionality and only leave the necessary code behind to be modified.
    Some of the pages in iPimp do not seem as thay is needed when createing this "unified backen" for example
    when you enter a chanel instead of geting a list of days I believe that it is better to get all TV listings strait off.
    Maybe with the choice of how many days to get and so on...

To start with it seems like a good ide to leave all the streaming stuff out and maybe it would be a good
    ide to leave the recordning part untill the rest is done also.

/Per-Arne

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    JadedHeart

You may be better looking at this project. This was developed by Gemx at the same time I wrote iPiMP and is a more generic solution, indeed there are plans/ideas/commitments by a few contributers (including myself) to better develop MPWebServices, this has been breifly discussed here. If and when this happens then its likely iPiMP will migrate to use that backend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom