Customise homescreen (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Hi,

Great skin...wouldn't think of using any other :)

Is it possible to launch other plugins from the basic homescreen instead of built in ones, e.g selecting myvideos starts moving pictures instead of internal plugin or selecting mytv launches streaming tv plugin etc.
IMO having unused icons on home screen and having to launch similar programs from plugins menu is ugly and messy.

Maybe this is already possible? If so could you point me in the right direction because I could not find anything when searching.

TIA..........404

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Go to the config screen and right click and disable the things you dont want to come up. Likewise with the plugins, right click and move them to the home..

I am not sure why you would want myvideos to launch moving pictures... just move moving picture sto the front screen and load it from there.

You can rename it in the config if you dont like the name of it

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How about basic home screen? I can enable and disable items from home screen but I cannot change items in basic home screen.

StreamedMP has editor you can use to change basic home screen. Is there similar tool for this skin? Or should I edit xml files?

Br, Testimies

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Is it possible to launch other plugins from the basic homescreen instead of built in ones, e.g selecting myvideos starts moving pictures instead of internal plugin or selecting mytv launches streaming tv plugin etc....

How about basic home screen? I can enable and disable items from home screen but I cannot change items in basic home screen.

StreamedMP has editor you can use to change basic home screen. Is there similar tool for this skin? Or should I edit xml files?

Br, Testimies

Hi guys,

To do this you'll need to edit the xml files manually, but it's pretty straightforward. Here's what to do (just in case you don't already know):

Let's say you want to replace the TV graphic on the Basic Home screen with a graphic and link to the TVSeries plugin:

1. Open the TVSeries.xml file. At the top of the file you'll see this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <window>
    <id>9811</id>

2. Open the BasicHome.xml file and go to this bit of code:

<!-- ***** TV *************************** -->
    <control>
    <description>home BM TV</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>4</id>
    <posX>535</posX>
    <posY>312</posY>
    <width>152</width>
    <height>200</height>
    <textureFocus>TV.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>TV.png</textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>1</hyperlink>
    <hover>-</hover>
    <hoverWidth>250</hoverWidth>
    <hoverHeight>250</hoverHeight>
    <label>605</label>........

3. If you can't be bothered changing the graphic all you have to do is change the <hyperlink>1</hyperlink> from 1 to 9811

4. Then you should change the label otherwise your link to TVSeries will say "TV" at the bottom of the screen. The easiest way to do this is just to type the text that you want to appear. Generally skins link to language files so that they are "international" (eg <label>605</label> loads the text "TV") but since you're tweaking this to suit yourself you can type whatever you want to appear.

That's all you need to do but if you're like me you'll want to change the graphic too. The easiest way to do this is to open tv.png and hover_my tv series.png in Photoshop (or similar) then copy hover_my tv series.png and paste it into tv.png, delete the original TV layer and save the graphic as my tv series_basichome.png (or whatever you want to call it) then change the code as follows:

<!-- ***** TV *************************** -->
    <control>
    <description>home BM TV</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>4</id>
    <posX>535</posX>
    <posY>312</posY>
    <width>152</width>
    <height>200</height>
    <textureFocus>my tv series_basichome.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>TV.png</textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>9811</hyperlink>
    <hover>-</hover>
    <hoverWidth>250</hoverWidth>
    <hoverHeight>250</hoverHeight>
    <label>TV Series</label>...

That's it!.... Do the same for any of the other hyperlinks you want to change...

Hope that helps :)

Bleazle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom