Cyberlink PowerDVD8 audio codec broken in SVN 19603? (1 Viewer)

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-11-2008 10-18h - Revision:19603.rar
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-11-2008 10-18h - Revision:19603.rar
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz
HDD: Seagate 16GB (OS + Apps) 232GB (recorded video)
Memory: 2GB DDR400
Motherboard: Epox 9NDA3J
Video Card: MSI Nvidia 7600GS
Video Card Driver: 169.21
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC850 AC'97 CODEC
Sound Card AC3: AC3 / Coaxial out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5650
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 2.122.26109.0
2. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV USB master
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: USB BDA 0.5.0.4
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD8)
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 2 28.2°
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC03V
Cooling: AMD processor fan, 3 off case fans
Power Supply: Corsair HX520W 520 watt
Remote: Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD-S2 remote
TV: Asus MW221 monitor
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI / Sub-D

Hi,

I am having a problem with the Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD8) on UK HD broadcasts (H264 BBC HD), both live TV and recorded TV (.ts format) with this SVN. It works fine with 1.0.0.0 RC1.

The codec works fine with this SVN and SD broadcasts and recordings. As soon as I switch to HD, I get no audio. This is the same for both HD audio streams (mpeg NAR and AC3). If I switch to MPA audio codec, I get the audio correctly. If I uninstall the SVN and return to 1.0.0.0 RC1, I get the audio correctly.

This occurs both on the server pc with local client and on a separate client pc. Attached is a log from the client pc (I can supply full system details of client pc if required). This shows:

1. Start playback of SD recording from local video folder (Dr Who). Video and audio playback ok.
2. Stop playback. Start playback of HD recording from local video folder (Heroes). Video playback ok, no audio.

I assume the problem is somewhere here:

2008-07-15 10:12:21.656250 [Info.][MPMain]: Pins Audio and XForm In do not accept each other. Tested 1 media types
2008-07-15 10:12:21.671875 [Info.][MPMain]: Graph needs a rebuild

I have switched back to 1.0.0.0 RC1 for now, but if logs from server are required to fault find I can re-install the SVN.

Thanks

Chris

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Cyberlink audio codec is pretty bad when it comes to live tv. I would highly recommend using ffdshow as audio codec for the live tv.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Chris

Agree totally with tourettes, find PowerDVD7\8 Audio a real pain on any build, FFDShow Audio is just so configurable and handles any sound thrown at it without a wobble or a choke :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yeah, I had some issues with the PowerDVD audio codec too. It's working fine right now though.

chris123: is the audio just completely gone forever? I had some incidents where the video would work after a channel switch, but no audio. Then after 30 or 60 seconds the audio came back all of a sudden. Sometimes it also happened, that the video froze at the first frame and audio worked, than after 10 to 30 seconds the video worked but no audio and then after a couple of seconds again the audio worked :D.

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,

Thanks guys for the feedback. I was using the Cyberlink audio codec to keep things 'simple' (already using Cyberlink as a standalone DVD program, and finding the Cyberlink H.264 codec works best on my system).

Thee ffdshow codec seemed complicated, but I will give it a go. I guess I could just carry on using the MPA codec, but the audio quality with it did not seem to be as good quality as the Cyberlink codec, or am I just imagining the difference?

@ Spooky - the audio just appears to be missing. Sometimes (on HD) the video freezes for a number of seconds before starting, but no audio at any time.

Cheers

Chris

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Thee ffdshow codec seemed complicated, but I will give it a go

If you have various divx\xvid files then one of the easiest ways of setting up ffdshow is download the cccp codec (very minimal) with a nice settings config for easy setup, use this on my xp install, no problem whatsoever, takes 10 seconds to setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom