MP2 - Spring'16 D3D Error - Live TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have been running MP2 latest weekly build (20/08/2016) for some time and had been experiencing intermittent issues where the video on live TV would just freeze (audio continues ok and MP2 is responsive). In the logs were D3D errors (Invalid Call). I put these errors down to a specific issue with the software on client, as no one else seemed to have reported them.

I finally got around to rebuilding my client (twice actually).

With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 I still get these errors. The only additional piece of software I have installed is WinRAR.

The spec/details of my build:

Windows 10 Pro x64
    MP2 20/08/2016 (Client only)
    Intel i3
    AMD HD6670 GPU

It doesn't crash all the time, sometimes live TV works great, movies seem to play fine.

I have Vector Adaptive enabled in AMD settings, LAV is all default, output is via HDMI

Please see the attached logs.

J.

Attachments

• MP2.zip
      227.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The ClientError.log is empty and the Client.log I can not extract, I get an error.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

The ClientError.log file is empty, the errors are only written to the Client.log file.

I have attached the non compressed version of the file.

J.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, now it worked. Maybe for the others with slower connection: This is the repeating problematic part:
    Code:
    [2016-11-19 22:30:47,054] [4910145] [DX Render] [WARN ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX Exception, DeviceState: Ok
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x8876086C], Module: [SharpDX.Direct3D9], ApiCode: [D3DERR_INVALIDCALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
       at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
       at SharpDX.Direct3D9.Effect.End()
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Brushes.TileBrush.EndRender()
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.Panel.RenderOverride(RenderContext localRenderContext)
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.StackPanel.RenderOverride(RenderContext localRenderContext)
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.FrameworkElement.Render(RenderContext parentRenderContext)
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.StackPanel.Render(RenderContext parentRenderContext)
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.Screen.Render()
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.Render()
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.RenderPipelines.AbstractRenderPipeline.Render()
       at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.GraphicsDevice.Render(Boolean doWaitForNextFame)

But I have to directly say, that I have no clue. As nobody else reported this yet, could be related to drivers DirectX installation or settings.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Something I have noticed, it might be related....

I think the error/bug might be related to subtitles - which leads me on to another issue/error (see below).

But back to the first reported problem of the crash.... It looks like I only get the D3D crash on BBC1 (UK) where subtitles are displayed. If I start MP2, go to BB1, the subtitles are shown, if I leave it like this then after a short period of time I experience the error and the video freezes. But, if I change to BBC1 and quickly turn off the subtitles via the menu then it seems to work fine. So maybe an issue with rendering of the subtitles?

This then leads me on to the second issue (might be user error)....

I have subtitles turned off in settings, so why are they being displayed when I change to BBC1?

J.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @aspik If you read the last post you can assume why I tag you. Last public weekly had your changes to subtitle engine not included.
    Question, are your changes also affecting TV? Perhaps this could resolve the problems Jay_UK faced. Would be a try at least.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi Jay_UK,

the video you are playing is using the DVBSub3 filter:
    Code:
    [2016-11-19 22:28:05,827] [4748918] [99       ] [DEBUG] - SubtitleRenderer: DVBSub3 1 subtitles in cache
    and it looks like there is indeed not option to disable the subtitles...

We have settings for ClosedCaption and Subtitles, but none of them are called while adding the filter to the graph.
    The DVBSub3 subtitle filter is added to the graph together with the TsReader and I don't see any video settings query. I wonder that no one else reported this problem/missing option?!

Regarding the D3D crash, I just can say that the exceptions comes from here. Could you please upload a short sample .ts file? I don't have an AMD GPU, therefore I can test if its related only to your graphic card or a general problem.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I can disable the subtitles via the menu when viewing live TV, but you are saying the option to disable subtitles via the settings screen doesn't work for DVBsub3 subtitles?

I have clients with Intel GPUs, I will upgrade one of them an try.

I'll also make a TS sample for you :)

Thanks for your help.

ps - GE2301, I have finally upgraded to the weekly MIA (and selected the WMC skin) :O
    pss - As you might expect, the Weekly MIA build still exhibits the same problem/crash as the Aug release.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I can disable the subtitles via the menu when viewing live TV, but you are saying the option to disable subtitles via the settings screen doesn't work for DVBsub3 subtitles?
    Does disabling the subtitles via the menu when viewing live TV, persist? I mean, if you restart MP2 and tune BBC1, are the subtitles displayed?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi Jay_UK,

thanks again for the sample. I couldn't reproduce your D3D error on a intel GPU. I played the whole (7min) file without any crash. How is your test result on the intel client(s)? Maybe some other MP2 dev with an AMD GPU could try to reproduce the issue?

Regarding the subtitles option, the subtitles were displayed despite turning it off in settings. You could disable it via the settings screen, but after starting MP2 again the subtitles were displayed again.

Could you please try the attached .dll? Backup the org dll at:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers\VideoPlayers.dll and then copy the attached file to that location.

If you have the EnableSubtitles option set to "No" in settings, the subtitles should not be displayed, you don't have to disable it every time.

Attachments

• VideoPlayers_fix_dvb_subs_settings.7z
      48.4 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom