D3D error with Nvidia latest drivers (1 Viewer)

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.7.0

Description
    if I upgrade the NVidia drivers to either version 334 then I get the following error intermittently

2014-03-09 10:43:03,707] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - presentation parametters might contain an invalid value
    [2014-03-09 10:43:03,752] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - GUIFont: Failed to load font debug from cache. Trying to recreate it...
    [2014-03-09 10:43:03,795] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.RecreateSwapChain()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnDeviceLost(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceLost(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed) Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Site : Void InitializeDeviceObjects() Source : Core Stack Trace: at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.RecreateSwapChain()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnDeviceLost(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceLost(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

if I revert to a version 326 release then the problem stops

thanks for a wonderful product by the way.

Steps to Reproduce:
    upgrade NVidia display drivers
    run mediaportal
    after some time normally when system is actually idle then computer hangs and has to be reset
    revert drivers and problem goes away

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    As requested, please note this is taken from this morning where I have reinstalled the old driver.

thanks

Attachments

• D3DError.zip
      5.4 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

First it seems that OV or maybe another plugin is not compatible (read here, it can set as compatible but it is not, i have supply a bin for it :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...evidoes-mediaportal1-dll.124700/#post-1064664)

Code:
    [2014-03-09 19:17:45,328] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll' file version: 1.7.0.3014
    [2014-03-09 19:17:45,343] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin file OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll is broken or incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    [2014-03-09 19:17:45,343] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Can you try to see if with watchdog and use option 1 ? to see what happen, it will only load default stock plugin.
    For sure it can be a driver issue and also a plugin issue, so we need to figure out :)

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok, reapplied that NVIDIA version and ran under debug mode 1. Crashed after about 20 minutes, tried running task manager to kill the process, but would not kill either with "End Process", "end process tree" or "end task", had to press reset button on PC.

attached are logs after restart and debug mode 3

hope this helps

P

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Any news on this, I tried going to the very latest release 335.23 but the problem persists

thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    No clue :( something goes wrong for sure, it's like no more memory available on video card or something :(

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    See post from march 12, tried with debug mode 1 and no luck, still crashes. I tried again the other day with the very latest nvidia driver and you get the same problem. However I seem to sens that it might be something to do with a background process. The crash happens when you are watching TV, but if it crashes and you then reset the computer, it will crash again fairly shortly aferwards.

Again if you revert to the earlier driver then the problem goes away.

P

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I have the same problem with MP 1.7. MP 1.6 had a similar problem. I ended up reverting back to 1.5 which seems have fixed it for me.

I have a feeling this might be related to the changes in MP1-4335 and/or MP1-4334. I leave my HTPC running all night but turn the TV off. The computer can reboot itself overnight for updates and so when MP starts up after that reboot, there's no monitor attached.

Edit: Can we move this into the 1.7 bug report forum in case anyone else is having the same issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom