D3D error with Nvidia latest drivers (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @jimbolina :)
    Thanks for log :

You have a lot of error in event log about setuptv crash because it didn't find some xml (but don't know why) and a lot of MySQL error and also about mediabox.home hostname not resolved.

You get also some error about ffmpeg.exe (it seems that it can generete thumbnail).

Also this one :
    Code:
    [2014-04-21 16:38:15,988] [Error  ] [17       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       at TvPlugin.TvFullScreen.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindowTVDefault()
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindow()
       at TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()'

I have maybe something to test about above 'LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread' error.

And after a while happen this error :

Code:
    [2014-04-28 20:06:04,181] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - presentation parametters might contain an invalid value
    [2014-04-28 20:06:04,251] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GraphicContext: NO screen calibration file found for resolution 1920x1080!
    [2014-04-28 20:06:04,271] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Load fonts from: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\fonts.xml
    [2014-04-28 20:06:04,271] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - GUIFont: Failed to load font debug from cache. Trying to recreate it...
    [2014-04-28 20:06:04,361] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.RecreateSwapChain()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice()
       at MediaPortalApp.OnDeviceLost(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceLost(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site   : Void InitializeDeviceObjects()  Source : Core  Stack Trace:     at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.RecreateSwapChain()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.RecoverDevice()
       at MediaPortalApp.OnDeviceLost(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceLost(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

And then MP will not be able to render font etc. and lead to your issue.
    So i don't know why (maybe loadskin error can lead to the d3d error).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you update to 1.7.1 hotfix too ? (i think it should do the same) but i will able to provide you some bin based on it :)

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok I'll do that upgrade now and test again. I normally have to leave it overnight, but I'll see if I can reproduce it sooner.

Not sure about the ffmpeg.exe error. It's not installed and hasn't ever been.

I'll have a look into the mediabox.home hostname issue. It's the MySQL that MP installs, but maybe it's expecting a certain hostname to be configured. I haven't touched the DNS config on that machine, so it's the windows default at the moment.

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Haven't seen the D3D error in the last few days, but I'm hesitant to say it's fixed itself. It might just take a few days to occur.

I'll update as soon as I can reproduce that.

I am still getting the 'LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread' error though.

Last edited:

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought I would add an update, I upgraded to MP 1.7 and retried with the latest NVidia drivers but still had the crashing issue, out of exasperation I did a backup and complete uninstall and reinstall and MP no longer crashes.

If I look in the error log though I can see the wrong thread error occurring.

Don't know if this helps any

P

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a backup and complete uninstall and reinstall and MP no longer crashes.
    That's good news, then it might have been a hiccup in the installation.

If I look in the error log though I can see the wrong thread error occurring.
    Please update to 1.7.1 and if you still get the LoadSkin errors, please post the logs.

The errors probably don't harm MP, and you probably won't even notice them, unless you check the logs.
    This 'extra' logging was added so these issues aren't hidden anymore, but exposed so we can fix them 1 by 1.
    So please post logs if you see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom