[fixed] D3D Switching MP to windowed mode? (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP v0.9.988
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz)
    HDD: 3x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB + 1x Samsung Spinpoint 750GB
    Memory: 4x 1GB OCZ PC-6400 Dual channel
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD4670 Ultimate
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 10.2
    Sound Card: Integrated in Radeon HD4670
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.42
    1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV-C
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: Digital Everywhere Integrated Driver 5.7
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 Filter 1.63b
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC (video) & Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD9) for HDTV
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
    HTPC Case: OrigenAE S16T
    Cooling: Ninja Scythe Mini
    Power Supply: Be Quiet DarkPower 400W
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 885
    TV: Pioneer KRP-500M
    TV - HTPC Connection: HTPC --> receiver --> TV (HDMI)

OK, here it goes...
    Since i installed RC1 i've got a very strange issue which i didn't had before when i was using 1.0.2

My HTPC is hooked up to my receiver, which is connected to my TV. When i'm listening to radio i'm used to turn my TV off after tuning to the station because there's no need to waste the energy ;) and put hours on my TV when it's not in use.
    When i turn it on again, MediaPortal is in windowed mode (1024x768) which is done by D3D according to the logs...
    When i'm changing inputs on my receiver (and change back afterwards) the same thing happens.

I'm used to do it like this for the past 2 years with the precious versions of MP and never encountered this problem :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it's an MP bug since i've tried to connect my HTPC directly to my TV, turn it Off & On again but since it's D3D (according to the logs) which is putting MP in windowed mode & because i never experienced this problem the last 2 years, i hope someone can shine a light on this issue!

Logs are attached.

Attachments

• Windowed mode.jpg
      Windowed mode.jpg
      213.3 KB

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    I had a similar problem with ati catalyst drivers 10.1, whenever I turned off my monitor Windows would think it was actually being disconnected and change the output to my secondary monitor.

Try reverting to 9.12 to see if the issue still occurs.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had a similar problem with ati catalyst drivers 10.1, whenever I turned off my monitor Windows would think it was actually being disconnected and change the output to my secondary monitor.

Try reverting to 9.12 to see if the issue still occurs.

Well, i don't have a 2nd monitor (at least it's not connected) but i tried the 9.12 drivers.
    Unfortunatly they give the same result and MP is set into 'Windowed mode' again. :(

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, since nobody else could come up with a hint to trigger this issue, i started testing things myself, which resulted in 4 clean Windows installation, were i tried both Windows 7 x86 and x64.

Only installed Windows & updates, drivers/codecs & MediaPortal.

On Windows 7 x64, start playing radio/mp3, turn off my TV, turn on my TV --> MP in windowed mode
    On Windows 7 x86, start playing radio/mp3, turn off my TV, turn on my TV --> MP in exclusive mode

Now i'm at least sure it's not related to my receiver sitting between my HTPC & TV.

For some reason it seems like MediaPortal isn't brought back into exclusive Mode on Windows 7 x64 (tsreader associated??) and since i'm no log expert, i attached logs from both x86 & x64 setup.

Don't mind all the errors about the Databases/fanart/exit because i didn't copy all that stuff over for this test.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on why this is happening on my 64-bit system, but for now it seems that 32 bit is the way to go for me...

** EDIT **

Well, never mind all the above, just finished my x86 installation, got everything running smooth and after turning off the TV i'm confronted again with a Windowed MP!!

frusty.gif
    frusty.gif
    frusty.gif
    frusty.gif
    frusty.gif

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm inclined to think it's something in your specific hardware config as it work as it should here ( win7 x64, more specs on "my system" ).

Simone

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm inclined to think it's something in your specific hardware config as it work as it should here ( win7 x64, more specs on "my system" ).
    Simone

Yes, it's prolly because both my video & audio go thro HDMI to my receiver, and from the receiver the video goes to the TV (HDMI also), but i've got this setup for 2 years now and never had this problem with windowed mode. Something must be triggering Direct3D, i only need to find out why/what.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a similar system to the topic opener and i have the same problem.

1) start mp3
    2) turn off tv
    3) receiver panicks, audio pauzes
    4) tv on
    5) MP shrunk to 1024x768

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Turning off/on the TV while MP is active already results in Windowed Mode here.

And the audio pauzes /hick-ups you're experiencing are prolly because of the HDCP protection that kicks in.

Very curious if other people could test this also. Setup needs to include a receiver which is hooked up to the HTPC through HDMI.
    All you need to do is put MP (menu or anything else) on the TV, then turn off the TV (standbye) wait for about 10/15 seconds and turn de TV on again. Result should be simular to my screenshot in the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom