[fixed] D3D Switching MP to windowed mode? (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please read thru the whole thread -> EDID Override Thread - AVS Forum

Tnx for the link tourettes but is that topic related to the audio hickups or the windowed mode problem (before i start reading 23 pages) ;)

Windowed mode is most likely triggered by wrong EDID info received from the TV / amp. And overriding EDID GPU sees always the correct info from the tv.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Windowed mode is most likely triggered by wrong EDID info received from the TV / amp. And overriding EDID GPU sees always the correct info from the tv.

I was already half way on that thread and things were already starting to make more sense. The only thing i don't get is why i never had this problem with every prior release of MP before RC1. I'll jump into this EDID stuff and go test some setups.

** EDIT **

Tried overriding the EDID but that didn't solve the problem and according to a reply on that thread it seems that EDID override isn't gonna fix my problem. :(

** EDIT 2 **

OK, i'm getting really sick of this so i descided to put Vista back on, and off course... All working well. When i turn off/on the TV, MP is still in fullscreen mode.

So this seems to be Windows 7 related, but what could they have changed (or was changed in MP) that could trigger D3D to kick in and switch between Windowed/Extended mode?

When i check the logs under Vista, there isn't 1 line that shows the interference of D3D, while Windows 7 has a lott of them in the logs while switching input on the receiver or turn off/on the TV.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How sick can it be, but i've got the problem fixed by connecting my HTPC to my receiver on HDMI1 instead of HDMI2!

I've got NO clue what the difference between the 2 HDMI inputs is, but i'm damn HAPPY that it's fixed!!
    Now with that problem solved, back to some updating and reconfiguring :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom