[fixed] Daemon not UNMOUNTing DVD .iso file (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    TESTING STATUS: I switched to the MPV and MPA (codecs) and tried this again... 1st I had to UNMOUNT anything that was already mounted within Daemon then ran MP and selected a .iso to play... it mounted and played. This time, when I hit STOP it did so without crashing MP but failed to UNMOUNT inside Daemon. When I wanted to MOUNT another .iso file it would ignore the request. This is on my Win 7 32-bit system...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Thanks for testing, it's really weird and it seems that it comes from windows update not 100% sure though !
    So you confirm that without PDVD it didn't crash but the mount was not OK (this is what i see too and also if i mount/unmount outside MP it was ok), something broke about loading external executable inside .NET using process code).
    Like i re-install my Win7 but in x64 version and i do all update etc. (same soft, i use Virtual clone drive) maybe it affect only 32-bit system.
    I didn't try but can you uninstall 7 updates from 1 week ? (i didn't try but i have try to revert registry and it didn't work).
    Thanks again.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I think you're asking me to try uninstalling the past week's Windows Updates from my system and see if that helps, right? I could do that although I did read on the Daemon site about How to avoid problems after Windows upgrade installation
    which basically says to uninstall Daemon and reinstall it afterwards... I had done just that earlier without any improvement although, I may have left the SPTD Access Layer installed... Eventhough Daemon 4.40.1 (Released Jan 5, 2011) now has a choice of either 1) SPTD or 2) Daemon Tools Virtual Bus Driver I'll check and see if there's an old STDP driver still loaded in my system that I either need to remove or disable. Who knows... maybe the Win 7 UPDATES are causing havoc with SPTD. I'll look closer and report back, but it seems you no longer need to load the SPTD (or reboot after loading Daemon-Tools Lite) with this new driver:
    DAEMON Tools driver (Basic Emulation) for working without SPTD

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Yes, it would be nice to try :) and yes too, you understand me correctly even if my english is not really cool lol.
    When i my system mess up, i didn't use daemontool, but in registry i have OLD SPTD (that i remove but didn't change anything) but also maybe i didn't remove it correctly.
    Thanks for your testing and hope we can solve it :)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Country flag
    We're cool :D I'm picking on this issue as possibly being a Win 7 32-bit issue (I'm saying this because my WinXP 32-bit is still working) when it could be something that's gotten corrupted in the Daemon-Tool installation or adversely affected by Win 7 UPDATES. I'll try to uninstall all of Daemon and reinstall/configure to use just their Basic Emulation.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)

Hey, didn't find the culprit and it happen to on my HTPC 32bits too now.
    I have see something strange, if i connect on local LAN to my PC with remote connexion (TSE) it didn't crash, it's really strange.
    Seb.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)

I have found it and i confirm that it happen because windows update of 12/07/2011 and it seems only happening on 32bits Win7.
    I have uninstall in order and all must be uninstall to solve the issue :
    KB2533623
    KB2555917
    KB2507938

And also : KB2532531 but i think it's not necessary for this one.
    Thanks.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Country flag
    That's good research and I found this on the MicroSoft site where a guy was learning of a relationship between these 4 updates and his virus protection application having an effect on their successful loading. I haven't looked into this yet but will soon!

dino2008

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Didn't fix it for me. Couldn't use Daemon tools at all, would crash mediaportal when pressing play. Changed to use Virtual CloneDrive, can now play ISO, but when I press stop, get mediaportal is not responding message.

Remove the patches and didn't help. Same thing happening with the RC.

Users who are viewing this thread