Daemon Tools Lite V10 (1 Viewer)

nl62544

Portal Member
September 20, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi All,

I had a perfect working MP and I am such a happy user :) Today my Daemon Tools Lite updated to version 10 and now I am in big problems.

I cannot get my ISO to mount and I tried to get back to an old versio, DTLite4402-0131 but that generated Syntax errors mounting and unmouting the iso.

I cant get it to work anymore and i dont know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

Vritual Drive X: (where X is the letter that daemon tools defaults to when you double click on a iso file)
    Drive Number: 0
    Drive Type: dt

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

Vritual Drive X: (where X is the letter that daemon tools defaults to when you double click on a iso file)
    Drive Number: 0
    Drive Type: dt

The OP was referring to Daemon Tools Lite version 10. In fact, since version 5 of Daemon Tools, the issue arose. Daemon Tools from version 5 and onwards creates the actual drive subsequent to opening an ISO file. Prior to mounting, the drive letter does not exist and also when the ISO file is dismounted, the drive letter no longer exists. In version 4 the drive letter existed as a drive with no media inserted. I am not sure if this is the reason for the problems that the OP and I have encountered. Perhaps the Daemon Tools command line arguments which MediaPortal relies on have changed since version 5 of Daemon Tools?

Virtual Clone Drive is not a viable solution as far as I am concerned as it suffers from incompatibilities with many ISO images and has not been updated for a while.

OP, you can continue to use Daemon Tools Lite 4, but install the current SPTD driver, prior to reverting back to Daemon Tools 4.

Last edited:

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Virtual Clone Drive is not a viable solution as far as I am concerned as it suffers from incompatibilities with many ISO images and has not been updated for a while.
    Sorry to say so, but this is not correct. I am using Virtual CloneDrive since 2004 and i havn´t had any issues with it.
    There are no updates because there is nothing to update!

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry to say so, but this is not correct. I am using Virtual CloneDrive since 2004 and i havn´t had any issues with it.
    There are no updates because there is nothing to update!

Let me repeat again:

"Virtual Clone Drive is not a viable solution as far as I am concerned". Look at the context in which it was written and you see that I have had issues. I am not sure why that is not correct. Furthermore, as I mentioned, Daemon Tools 4 has not caused any issues for me either, hence I use Daemon Tools 4 and not Virtual Clonedrive.

Although it is fine that you have been unaffected, there are also issues reported by others here https://forum.slysoft.com/showthrea...lone-Drive-refuses-to-mount-certain-ISO-files. Whether correct or not, there are users who have not had success with Virtual Clonedrive and I am sure others may have had issues with Daemon Tools too. No need to accuse them of lying.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I upgraded to latest version and I can confirm that daemon tools lite v10 (dtagent.exe) doesn't work with mediaportal properly.

I then rolled back to previous version and it works fine. I'm going to update the wiki

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the Problem that some Images aren't mounted by VCD and the old daemon v4 which I used bevor upgrade to Win 10 isn't compatible to Win10 (can't install).

With DTlite there are allways PopUps when mounting, so unusable.

Has anybody Problems after upgrade to Win10, too?
    Any Idea for a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom