Danes ... Help (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have attached some screenshots of my setup if it can help anyone.

On win 7 you could also be lucky to get the microsoft codecs working. They should work pretty well with TV (since that is what they are designed for).

I have only one gripe with your screenshots: The about box for coreAVC you should have waited for the thanks to MediaPortal. And the serial number should not be visible, so forgive me for editing your post. Feel free to edit the image back from your own CoreAVC (but no unintentional serial sharing please).

:sorry:

Actually I have tried with the MS codecs on both of my machines, but it chokes in the shift from MPEG2 -> H.264. Since I have tried with both ffdshow and MS DTV-DVD for audio, I don't think it is the audio locking up my shift...but have not found any clue (even in the logs) indicating what it may be.

And this is on different hardware, one notebook with Nvidia, one HTPC with ATi. If I find the issue I'll be happy to go with the MS codecs as this should result in less adding/removing codecs problems.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have attached some screenshots of my setup if it can help anyone.

On win 7 you could also be lucky to get the microsoft codecs working. They should work pretty well with TV (since that is what they are designed for).

I have only one gripe with your screenshots: The about box for coreAVC you should have waited for the thanks to MediaPortal. And the serial number should not be visible, so forgive me for editing your post. Feel free to edit the image back from your own CoreAVC (but no unintentional serial sharing please).

Actually I have tried with the MS codecs on both of my machines, but it chokes in the shift from MPEG2 -> H.264. Since I have tried with both ffdshow and MS DTV-DVD for audio, I don't think it is the audio locking up my shift...but have not found any clue (even in the logs) indicating what it may be.

And this is on different hardware, one notebook with Nvidia, one HTPC with ATi. If I find the issue I'll be happy to go with the MS codecs as this should result in less adding/removing codecs problems.

Try Morgan AAC decoder as audio codec for AAC.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I tried searching for "Morgan AAC" but only found an accounting firm ;)

But it gave me an idea, maybe I can find another AAC codec. I found something called "CoreAAC" and installed it. I can change setup for videos to use this codec (among MPC, ffdshow and the default Monogram) but cannot change it for Television.

Is this intended?

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I tried searching for "Morgan AAC" but only found an accounting firm ;)

But it gave me an idea, maybe I can find another AAC codec. I found something called "CoreAAC" and installed it. I can change setup for videos to use this codec (among MPC, ffdshow and the default Monogram) but cannot change it for Television.

Is this intended?

:D

Most likely it wont support LATM_AAC and that why it is not available.

Morgan <-- should have been Monogram :) That one is shipped with MP.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok...latest chapter in my fairytale ;)

Since I got the MS DTV-DVD codecs working on my Nvidia based notebook, I thought I would use the same setup on my ATi based HTPC. No go...lock with MPEG2 -> H.264.

Ok...after fighting for 4 hours trying out every possible free MPEG2 decoder, soundfilters etc. I decided to splash out the $40 an Nvidia 8400GS costs. Picked it up today in a local store.

After sticking it in (and disabling onboard graphis for low wattage) I got near perfect channelchange :D

Still, I wanted to encode my Dolby Pro Logic into something useful (so I don't need to switch soundmode between music/tv/movies) so now I use AC3Filter for audio decoding. It connects with Monogram AAC just fine.

Oh...and BTW i can still get PowerDVD7 to show my TV combined with CoreAVC, but PowerDVD gives me 25p instead of 50i. That has this filmish look to it, that I hate on TV.

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP crash when change channel from HD channel to non HD channel.

Just made a new low budget setup with a HP dc7100 pc ( Xp-pro,P4 HT 3,2ghz 1Gb ram Asus dvbt card and GF9400gt graphic card.)
    Installed MP 1.0.2. Works well with a 15-20 cpu usage watching HD tv, This when using coreavc with cuda, if not using cuda HDtv not possible,(only if not using unblocking in coreavc)
    config.
    BUT MP crash when change channel from HD channel to non HD channel. ( also if its channels in same mux).

Any ideaes?

Another question, is it normal thats its not possible to call up taskmanager when use MP in full screen? (when this crash occur, I can only close the frozen MP the hard way - power button!)

Using SAF4.00 beta20, coreavc, pvdvd9.

Attachments

• MediaPortal - Configuration.jpg
      MediaPortal - Configuration.jpg
      82.6 KB

Aduck

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I got the same problem when changing from HD to SD channel. Try hitting F2, and just answer No.

I think it's a known bug. I've read about it long time before I got a digital tuner.

-Anders

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Anders, thanks for support .. sorry late.. had to wait for coreavc licence after using a trial.

Unfortunatly the F2 hint didn't help me.

If in full screen I cant use other than power button! (crtl-alt del dosn't help or any F button).

If not in full screen when MP crash during channel change, I get an M$ error message and MP closes. If I open MP again without reboot, it will be with no tv signal.

Guess you are right about a known problem, but on my vista setup I get no crash, but can solve the sometimes "hanging" picture by turning tv off and on again. On this xp setup I must turn off tv before channel change, if not want to reboot!

Thanks for any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom