Database issues (1 Viewer)

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Ireland Ireland
I'm running MP 1.23 on XP SP3. No major issues for about 5 years. I've had to drop the Mysql database a few times over the last few months, either by using the command line utility, or just uninstalling tv server and reinstalling. The symptoms were that WEBEPG would get stuck at writing data to the db. The latest is that when I go into TV Guide or Recorded TV the data is missing and MP complains of missing label, until I restart the PC.

This wouldn't be such a hassle, except that the webepg channel mappings are not included in the export function. Anyway, I digress.

Is there a case for using MSSQL? or does anyone know of similar issues?

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hi doogle

MSSQL is worth a shot. The MySQL MyISAM tables that TV Server uses are not transactional, so the MSSQL DB may prove more reliable.

mm

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Ireland Ireland
    After the latest rebuild all is well thusfar. I wonder if a well fragmented drive would have any impact on the db?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    A Synchronizing client databases MediaPortal 1 Talk 10
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    H [solved] Video database genres, sort titles and collection thumbnails Newcomers Forum 12
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    H MP1.21F video database scan, can it be scheduled to automatically run in background General Support 5
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    ajs Sync databases by Media Sync Service MediaPortal 1 Talk 26
    J Database schema General 0
    W [solved] MP 1.20 Video IMDB no showing plot General Support 129
    hounddog How to get My Films working in MP 1.20 My Films 5
    C How well can MediaPortal handle 10,000+ recordings? MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    H Database migration Archive 85
    D Single Seat Install - can another single seat use the same databases? Installation, configuration support 1
    P [Resolved] Missing column in database My TVSeries 7
    horned_reaper Issue with / character in artist name Fanart Handler 5
    1gkar A Couple of {On-going} Issues Within Various MP Versions General Support 25
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    morpheus_xx [WiP] WIP 2.3 Fanart issues? MediaPortal 2 13