Database problem (1 Viewer)

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sure must be, i see it in the logs. :))))

open up your mediaportal.xml in a text editor and serach for "lastimport".
    you should find 2 lines. delete both of them and then try the import again.

Thx for ur help but still don't work this r the 2 lines that i ve deleted in the mediaportal.xml

<entry name="lastImport">2007-4-5 22:18:39</entry>
    <entry name="updateSinceLastImport">no</entry>

i suppose no mean not flagged

after the import zero files found :( but like always when i play a song in media portal i will find it in the database...so there is some difference between import and play a song regarding database writing?

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    no

have you ever deleted your music db and started from scratch?

Yes i ve deleted many times MusicDatabase*.db3 files and also i tried with a new installation of MP in a "clean" computer with only xp sp2 but same result.

It is really a strange thing becouse the player write the database instead when i
    use configuration it said 0 files found but i see that the program read the nas disk :(

Karl

Portal Member
    November 23, 2006
    Try switching off your firewalls and virus scanners and do a database scan. That worked for me.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Unknown track and ripping CD

Hi, i have this problem (.... i thinks it is a problem):
    When i listen CD i found automatically on musicDB a lot of unknown track. Why??
    I think is the same when i listen Last.Fm radio.
    How to do to remove these track from musicDB (i try to delete musicDB file but is automatically recreated).

Other question: is possible to rip CD by Mediaportal??

Thanks
    massimo

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i've already answered that in another thread you opened. Please look there.

Lomax

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I've got the same problem as the OP, although I haven't fiddled around with anything yet.

Installed Vista Ultimate, joined domain, logged in as a domain user with administrator access to the HTPC.

Have a heap of MP3 files on a network share. These are publicly readable, and I can access them fine through explorer on the HTPC. All the mp3 files are perfectly tagged, and this is confirmed by using other mp3 playing software.

Installed MediaPortal v0.2.2.0 and nightly build "MediaPortal-svn--05-04-2007--01-02-Rev14506.exe". Ran config and added the mp3 shared folder. Performed an "Update Database From Selected Shares", and the status indicator showed MP picking up the few thousand mp3 files.

Started MP and went to My Music. If I view by share I see all my folders containing the mp3s. If I switch to a tag based view (ie. View By Artist) I see nothing. If I use the share view (where I can see the files/folders) and play a particular mp3, then go back to a tag based view, that particular mp3 is now visible but nothing else.

Hope this information helps one of you devs look into this. Let me know if you want further info.

Regards,

'max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom