Database: Refactor MP1 database for multi seat usage (4 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    unzipped all files to a folder "Refactory", opened that folder, ran "RefactorMediaPortal.bat" as admin.
    So were you using Windows Explorer and right-clicking the BAT file to select "Run as Administrator"?

I opened a command window with admin privileges, used CHDIR commands to navigate from the root folder to the folder containing the update files, typed in the name of the BAT file, and pressed the RETURN key.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    unzipped all files to a folder "Refactory", opened that folder, ran "RefactorMediaPortal.bat" as admin.
    If it fails again, I would suggest using Notepad (or your favourite editor) to modify the BAT file and change the first line to:
    @echo on
    This will display each line as it is executed, and may give a clue as to the cause of the problem.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, here we go:
    Finally the refactor bat copied all files correct (y)
    I see the new databases (Y)
    BUT: In MP GUI, there is the spinning wait cursor, and the new databases aren´t filled at all:
    VideoDatabaseV6.db3 stays at 376 KB,
    MusicDatabaseV15.db3 stays at 292 KB
    So the same issue that @CyberSimian experiences :oops:

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      2.1 MB

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    So the same issue that @CyberSimian experiences :oops:
    So, we know that it's not anything to do with CyberSimian's set-up - which is good news to me because that would have been weird.

But I am stumped as to why Entity Framework is not working properly. I'll continue looking for an answer to that but I think it best that we abandon the refactoring option until that is sorted.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I opened a command window with admin privileges, used CHDIR commands to navigate from the root folder to the folder containing the update files, typed in the name of the BAT file, and pressed the RETURN key.
    Would you please try copying the attached files to the folder containing the refactor update files - overwriting the existing files. Then run the BAT file.

Please let me know if it makes any difference? I've added an Entity Framework section to the config files that I don't appear to need but may help at your end.

Attachments

• Configs.zip
      2.3 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Would you please try copying the attached files to the folder containing the refactor update files - overwriting the existing files. Then run the BAT file.
    Umm. Well it does make a difference -- Windows displays the "MediaPortal has stopped working" pop-up when I click on the MP shortcut on the desktop (screen shots included in the zip file).

I deleted the existing databases before starting MP, and checked after exiting the pop-up. The folder was empty, so the new default databases had not been created.

Looking in the MP log file there are various lines claiming that the Music, Picture, and Video databases have been created, but later on in the log the error that we had before occurs.

Attachments

• dblog4.zip
      198.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom