Database: Refactor MP1 database for multi seat usage (3 Viewers)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also stopped TV Server before running the BAT file, and rebooted after. I am not sure that stopping TV Server is necessary, but it seemed to me to be a worthwhile precaution.
    The refactored version only affects the client software. There is no need to do anything to the server side when installing the refactored version.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Just tried the refactoring: Result: Every copy command was answered with "Access denied" :oops:
    You are getting the access denied error because we are having to copy the files into what Windows deems to be a protected area - namely program files (x86). That is why you have to run the BAT file as administrator.

For this reason, I often don't install my own applications in 'program files' because Windows imposes so many rules when applications are installed to that area ;) . I usually use a folder name that reflects the application's purpose.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, now I get "The system cannot find the requested file" for all files :confused:

files not found.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    The reason I ask is because I sent CyberSimian a fix without changing the version number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom