Database Update (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Australia Australia
If I add a new episode or series, is it possible to immediately watch it through MP2 or must I wait a minimum of 1 hour for MP2 see the change and make it available.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    If you've activated the "sharewatcher" feature then it should last a maximum of 5 minutes until an import is started automatically. This feature is a Windows internal feature (Windows filesystem watcher) and sadly it is not 100% reliable. So sometimes it did not "see" the new files. This is something we can not fix as it is part of Windows itself.

Nevertheless you always can trigger an import manually, every time you want it. This can be done in settings -> media sources overview. The next major MP2 version (MP 2.2) will also add an option to trigger a re- import to the context menu of any media item.

Depending on the size of your shares it can take some minutes after starting the re- import until the new media is shown in GUI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    A Synchronizing client databases MediaPortal 1 Talk 10
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    H [solved] Video database genres, sort titles and collection thumbnails Newcomers Forum 12
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    H MP1.21F video database scan, can it be scheduled to automatically run in background General Support 5
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    ajs Sync databases by Media Sync Service MediaPortal 1 Talk 26
    J Database schema General 0
    W [solved] MP 1.20 Video IMDB no showing plot General Support 129
    hounddog How to get My Films working in MP 1.20 My Films 5
    C How well can MediaPortal handle 10,000+ recordings? MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    H Database migration Archive 85
    D Single Seat Install - can another single seat use the same databases? Installation, configuration support 1
    P [Resolved] Missing column in database My TVSeries 7
    M Need advice on writing plugin that modifies EPG database TV-Server 2
    J Update .NET framework? Improvement Suggestions 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] Update to VS 2019? MediaPortal 2 4