DD Octopus Twin CI decoder only works for one tuner (1 Viewer)

Damstas

Portal Member
November 18, 2014
Home Country
Finland Finland
I read those limitations, but couldn't understand the difference between these two you explained?
In the first case: CAMs have a "hard" limit on the number of channels that they can decrypt simultaneously due to their hardware and/or software design. For example, MortenRS_DK has a CAM that can decrypt 2 channels. Often the limit is 1, 2, 3 or 4 channels.

In the second case: DD have a feature called "MTD" (multi-transponder decoding). This feature enables you to share a CAM between tuners and save money (no need to buy one CAM per tuner). When you use MTD, each tuner can only decrypt 1 channel... even if the CAM can decrypt more than 1 channel. Overall, the CAM hard limit still applies. For example, MortenRS_DK's CAM can decrypt 2 channels; he can share the CAM between 2 of his tuners; each tuner can decrypt 1 channel.

If you still don't understand then I can only suggest that you speak to DD and/or do more reading.
Understood. Thanks for your clarification! I have only seen CAMs that support dual descrambling. Are there any cheap Conax CAMs for 2+ channels?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Understood. Thanks for your clarification!
    Great. :)

Are there any cheap Conax CAMs for 2+ channels?
    Sorry, I'm the wrong person to ask. I only have limited experience with Irdeto CAMs, and zero experience with Conax. If you have a DD tuner/CI, best to ask DD for their recommendation. They should be able to tell you which CAMs are compatible with DD hardware, and perhaps how many channels they can decrypt.

Damstas

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Understood. Thanks for your clarification!
    Great. :)

Are there any cheap Conax CAMs for 2+ channels?
    Sorry, I'm the wrong person to ask. I only have limited experience with Irdeto CAMs, and zero experience with Conax. If you have a DD tuner/CI, best to ask DD for their recommendation. They should be able to tell you which CAMs are compatible with DD hardware, and perhaps how many channels they can decrypt.
    Ok, thanks. I will do that. :)

gonzague30

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hej Morten, I have the same problems with my new boxer tv ci+.
    I have been in contagt with DD support. They say that Neotion CAMs will not work with more than one tuner.

I have now tried with another CAM module from SMIT. But the story is almost the same. I can only decode on one tuner and only one channel. The only difference is that if I link more the one tuner to the SMIT CAM module, can I decode pay channels on one tuner, but not two or more.
    Where did you buy your Smit viaccess module in denmark ? Is it a CI+ or CI module?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom