DE FloppyDTV S2 not recognized after Standby/Shutdown? (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the same issue.
I've mailed Digital Devices.

Keep you posted about updates.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Anyone still have this info ? My FloppyDTV S2 is HDTV capable right after a channelscan but once i do a cold boot i just get corrupted streams on HDTV. I'm particularly interested in what the supposedly faulty cable looks like. I have the wider 4pin molex that older (p)ata harddrives and cd/dvd drives use too if that is any help to anyone.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can this do any harm if the problem is EXACTLY what was described in the first post ? I know it basically stabilizes the 5v line but still...

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could this "fix" solve the tuner crash problem aswell? After 1 day of use; the tuner stops, and can only "wake" the tuner by rebooting the PC.
    Generating a lot of errors in the Eventlog.

p.s. Firewire driver changed to OLD, and using 5.7 beta driver, under MP 1.2.0 B, stop cards.
    also got a Digital Devices Octopus in the system, wich has no problems.

Logboeknaam: System
    Bron: ksthunk
    Datum: 28-5-2011 10:43:48
    Gebeurtenis-id:54
    Taakcategorie: Geen
    Niveau: Waarschuwing
    Trefwoorden: Klassiek
    Gebruiker: n.v.t.
    Computer: SERVER
    Beschrijving:
    Kan de beschrijving van gebeurtenis-id 54 van bron ksthunk niet vinden. Het onderdeel dat de gebeurtenis heeft gestart is mogelijk niet op de lokale computer geïnstalleerd, of de installatie is beschadigd. U kunt het onderdeel op de lokale computer installeren of herstellen.

Als de gebeurtenis van een andere computer afkomstig is, moest de weergave-informatie bij de gebeurtenis zijn opgeslagen.

De volgende informatie is in de gebeurtenis opgenomen:

\Device\0000006f

Gebeurtenis-XML:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="ksthunk" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32772">54</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-28T08:43:48.854162600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13768</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>SERVER</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>\Device\0000006f</Data>
    <Binary>00000000010000000000000036000480000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

And a lot of errors in error.log (MPTVService):
    2011-06-02 07:59:19.458630 [(13)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    bij TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I thought i'd share with you my FloppyDTV(s) story so i can help others with the same problem.

My configuration:
    2x FloppyDTV S2 firewire passthrough and then to the firewire PCI card (VIA chip). My configuration has a 10 second delay at detecting the cards when starting TV Server (TV configuration) to prevent problems when detecting cards at resume from hibernation.

The problem started about a year ago. The problem the topic starter describes was my case too. Lost cards, became "Unknown" in TV Server Configuration.

- Red flashing lights on them when i looked into the HTPC case.
    - Starting the pc over and over again. Resume and then found the led(s) red, could not start television etc.

This drove me crazy.
    But i could resolve it by rebooting the pc when it happened (bad for WAF), but then saw the cable solution and ordered the special Digital Everywhere cable with capacitor.
    That did the trick for a while but sometimes the problem came back.

But a few weeks back when i bought a thirth FloppyDTV card the problem came back.
    The thirth card was also connected by passthrough firewire connection. But almost instantly red lights flashing on all cards.
    Had to find a solution and was afraid the thirth card was faulty.
    Reversed the passthrough firewire order, could not get the older cards stable again too. Bought a new firewire card based on the Texas Instruments firewire chip instead of the VIA chip based cards randomly available:
    (Dawicontrol DC-1394 PCI)

I used an older firmware (1.0.1) for the cards. This made the older cards pretty stable again, but after a few days the problem came back but not too often.

The thirth card was not used anymore, it was not detected anymore no matter what i did. Then i read somewhere to use the 6 pin firewire cable at the bottom. When i used that connection, YEAH!, the thirth card was detected again.

That made me come to the conclusion that the top firewire connection and cable could be the root cause of all FloppyDTV issues.

I searched the internet for short firewire cables to connect every FloppyDTV card separate to the firewire controller.
    And only found this shop with short affordable cables (shipped to everywhere):
    Short Firewire cable 6-to-6 pin IEEE1394a 50cm (online shop)

When i connected the cards with these new cables separate to the controller they were detected all three instantly.
    My FloppyDTV problems are realy all gone now, and all stable running now. No detecting problems after a resume anymore too (great for WAF)
    It seems the bottom Firewire connection on the FloppyDTV cards is the solution.

AT LAST!!!! :D

Hope my story can help others too.

p.s. always use the legacy driver, i attached the pdf from the driver how to do it. Last firmware 1.52 and drivers attached too.

Attachments

• How to install the IEEE1394 host controller legacy driver.pdf
      446 KB
    • FloppyDTV Firmware v1.52.zip
      860.8 KB
    • FireDTV5.7 Driver.zip
      10.2 MB

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does anybody know if I can get such a cable still anywhere? I am not really experienced enough to produce such a cable myself.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does anybody know if I can get such a cable still anywhere? I am not really experienced enough to produce such a cable myself.

Spooky,

Making such a cable is realy an easy job for everyone. But my best guess would be for you to use my solution and order a 50cm firewire cable and use the firewire connection at the bottom, i haven't had any problem since with my 3 cards. So happy man :D

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/816916-post16.html

Greetings,

Wouter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom