1.3.x Default 4:3 does not work on my htpc (2 Viewers)

duebel13

Portal Member
October 12, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
This is a fresh install (no prev. version installed) on a freshly installed Win 7 x86. When I click on TV, I can see the sub menu but am not able to click a sub menu item - a click just closes the sub menu but nothing else happens. The small off icon below the main menu items also does not work, I have to move the mouse to the upper border and then click the cross symbol.

I installed both MP server and client in custom mode. I installed everything with the default values except the LAV codecs which I checked off because I installed ffdshow before. Before installing MP, I installed ProgDVB and this worked right out of the box so I guess it is not a codec related problem. I also did the server config and it found TV channel.

My remote is an ATI Remote Wonder compatible model. I installed the X10 driver and successfully finished learning mode. But the remote doesn't seem to work anywhere except in that learning mode so I sticked with the mouse.

To sum up, I've two major problems: I can't use neither MP nor my rc :-(

duebel13

Portal Member
October 12, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, though I don't know if the screenshot will really help here.

This is the part of the default skin where I want to start watching TV but can't:

shot1a.png

When I move the move to the right in order to click on "Fernsehen", the submenu will collapse and the next menu will be highlighted (without clicking the mouse, just moving!):

shot2ix.png

If I use the Keyboard instead and just press Enter (because Fernsehen is already focused), the whole menu will turn dark for a second and then reappear.

In order to prepare the log files, I used the special start menu entry for debug. The default menu then looks different but it also doesn't work:

shot3h.png

A click on TV basically just refreshes the screen.

Thank you for taking the time to analyse this.

Regards

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I click on TV, I can see the sub menu but am not able to click a sub menu item - a click just closes the sub menu but nothing else happens

Have you enabled "TV" in MP Configuration -> Plugins?

My remote is an ATI Remote Wonder compatible model. I installed the X10 driver and successfully finished learning mode. But the remote doesn't seem to work anywhere except in that learning mode so I sticked with the mouse.

I don't know your remote but have you read our Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote

X10 Remote: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...aPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/15_X10_Remotes

duebel13

Portal Member
    October 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Now I have ;-) But the problem still persists as described above.

As I wrote, I've been through all this: I installed the driver and I even managed to learn all the keys codes. But as I wrote, the rc only worked while in learning mode - as soon as I exited learning mode, the rc no longer has any effect.[DOUBLEPOST=1364641334][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ... and make sure your TVServer is correct installed and running ;)

OK, the good news is I'm not a complete noob. :) There is no start menu entry to start TVServer, just a Windows Service with that name and that is configured to be started automatically and it is running.[DOUBLEPOST=1364641714][/DOUBLEPOST]

Now I have ;-) But the problem still persists as described above.

I have to correct myself: The problem persists when I use the mouse. Using the keyboard, it now takes 10 seconds or so but then TV starts playing.

duebel13

Portal Member
    October 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So pls check your settings in MPConfig -> Remote whether you have set correctly to use your remote ;)

Looks like this:

shot4h.png

And, before you ask (and I know you gonna ask ;-), YES, the channel number is correct:

shot5.png

Finally, just because you might ask: YES, I exit RW Key Master before I start MP...

You can try to disable IPv6 in your windows network config.

That is actually the first thing I did after installing the LAN driver. (The second is to use a fixed ip4 address.)

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom