Default Audio Stream - BBC HD - NAR/ENG (2 Viewers)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about different audio streams being broadcast on BBC HD on Freesat. So far this is the only channel I have seen this happen on. When I tune to the channel and there is a documentary or movie playing, the default soundtrack is always NAR, which has people narrating the action, I have to right-click goto audio options and then select ENG. If I swap channels and come back, it has swapped back to NAR.

I have looked everywhere in menus and setup for a default stream selection, is there any way to do this in a config file or option i have not seen?

:D

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Yup, I have noticed this too. Would love to have a default audio stream function. I looks like mediaportal picks the first audio stream, which for BBC HD is the narrated stream.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio.
    It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio.
    It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

Gemex, thanks for that, I will give it a go at home :)

this fix works. did my head in manually changing audio every time until I find it. I use BBCHD. Just set prefer AC3 audio as the man says.

Ian

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio. It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

This is great, but for me the AC3 audio on BBC 1 HD is noticably quieter than all other channels. Is there a way of boosting the volume by default?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to reset the data base. pressed clear button when configuring tv channels :cool: a re-scan and all seems ok now. its two steps forward, one step back. thought MP2 was more intuitive than MP1, or is it just...
    i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to...
    New to Mediaportal 2 and the mediaportal TV server, having used Argus in my last MP1 set up. I am having trouble viewing BBC HD...
    Replies
    Views
    Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though, as I'm using Channels as a backend for Plex with xTeVe as a virtual tuner. I've lost touch somewhat with what's going on with MePo, but Channels is being very actively developed (which is key, as there's a...
    Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though...
    Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
    Replies
    Views
    • Poll
    Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to MP2. One glitch is still existing in the server plugin, you need to trigger the search manually. Normally it should run automatic but this did not work, at least not for me... Even without automatic...
    Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to...
    Hello, I am a long time user of Windows Media Center. I still use it even on Windows 10. This is getting more difficult with every...
    Replies
    Views
    Successfully changed maximum cards down to 1. no problems in 1.21 so far.
    Successfully changed maximum cards down to 1. no problems in 1.21 so far.
    Hi, I'm back again. Spectrum cable now (Charter bought a few companies) been running MP1.xx since 2013 or so and am now up to 1.20...
    Replies
    Views
    Just as a note to others who may find this thread useful and I've book marked it as I forget how my EPG is setup. Freesat info no longer works, see this for how to fix it Freesat EPG in UK anyone?
    Just as a note to others who may find this thread useful and I've book marked it as I forget how my EPG is setup. Freesat info no...
    Hi, Despite Channel 4 HD withdrawing from Freesat - the broadcast still seems to work but there is very limited EPG (now/next...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom