Default Audio Stream - BBC HD - NAR/ENG (1 Viewer)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about different audio streams being broadcast on BBC HD on Freesat. So far this is the only channel I have seen this happen on. When I tune to the channel and there is a documentary or movie playing, the default soundtrack is always NAR, which has people narrating the action, I have to right-click goto audio options and then select ENG. If I swap channels and come back, it has swapped back to NAR.

I have looked everywhere in menus and setup for a default stream selection, is there any way to do this in a config file or option i have not seen?

:D

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Yup, I have noticed this too. Would love to have a default audio stream function. I looks like mediaportal picks the first audio stream, which for BBC HD is the narrated stream.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio.
    It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio.
    It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

Gemex, thanks for that, I will give it a go at home :)

this fix works. did my head in manually changing audio every time until I find it. I use BBCHD. Just set prefer AC3 audio as the man says.

Ian

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    That's not correct. You can set a preference for the language and/or AC3 audio. It's in the mediaportal config tool -> Television -> Tv Client

This is great, but for me the AC3 audio on BBC 1 HD is noticably quieter than all other channels. Is there a way of boosting the volume by default?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom