Default audio track not being played? (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a video file where there are two audio tracks;

1. Default (language not labeled)
2. Commentary with English language labeled

The video always plays in the second audio track, due to my preferred language being English, but in this case the default track is actually the track for the video (and also in english) and I want that played automatically.

Is there a way I can set it so that the default tracks is always played, regardless of language?

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
Is that the only way? What if I want to keep the commentary audio track?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Dr Forinor
    I'm not sure that MediaPortal is able to determine that a given audio track is the "default" one.

What format is the video file, and what format are the audio tracks?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Can you post fresh log with watchdog ? :)

So if i understand you, if you have to english track, the last one is selected ?

Is yes, it's possible, so you need to remux your video and move the audio track you want in last.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    @Dr Forinor
    I'm not sure that MediaPortal is able to determine that a given audio track is the "default" one.

What format is the video file, and what format are the audio tracks?

The 1st audio track has been muxed as default in the mkv video file, ie the default is determined by the video. Both audio tracks are AC3 format, albeit track 1 is 5.1 and track 2 is 2.0.

Hi,
    Can you post fresh log with watchdog ? :)

So if i understand you, if you have to english track, the last one is selected ?

Is yes, it's possible, so you need to remux your video and move the audio track you want in last.

I'm not sure how to get a log if there is no crashing?

The first track is the audio to the video (but not labeled from within the mkv file) and the second file is english and labeled as such but is the commentary, which I don't want playing unless I specifically ask it to do so.

---------------------------

As an example, I have files that have Chinese/Korean/Thai default tracks (which I prefer - with English subtitles) and would like to watch it that way, but they have secondary English audio tracks, which I use when I watch a film with my kids, but I don't want the secondary audio track to be the one that comes on.

There must be a way to leave the default audio track as the primary track?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "preferred language" requires the audio track to be correctly tagged, i.e. as eng in your case. Tracks without this tagging can not be retrieved automatically. That said MP will always pull the commentary track unless you can add the language info to the first one.

I am familiar with the problem from my Sky recordings, which will always mark the original version as eng - regardless of the true language.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    The "preferred language" requires the audio track to be correctly tagged, i.e. as eng in your case. Tracks without this tagging can not be retrieved automatically. That said MP will always pull the commentary track unless you can add the language info to the first one.

I am familiar with the problem from my Sky recordings, which will always mark the original version as eng - regardless of the true language.

As an example, I have files that have Chinese/Korean/Thai default tracks (which I prefer - with English subtitles) and would like to watch it that way, but they have secondary English audio tracks, which I use when I watch a film with my kids, but I don't want the secondary audio track to be the one that comes on.

There must be a way to leave the default audio track as the primary track?

Do you think some developer may add this as an option? Or maybe have a setting to have no preference, and let the video decide? I don't want to remux my martial arts films and call my chinese track as English and rename my english track as Chinese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom