Defaulting of music tracks ? (1 Viewer)

Crafty

Portal Member
March 21, 2012
Home Country
England England
Apologies if this is already answered in a FAQ, but I couldn't find it via search..

Running streamedMP 1.7.6 and am finding it really good, there is just once thing I'd like to figure out.

I'm using the default layout, picked at install.
All of my music is arranged in folders in the following format
Artist\Album\Track

When I click through an artist and then an album the tracks are listed in alphabetical order, rather than track order. I know I can change this but it only changes the current album (or folder). Is there any way to default all the album folders to track order ?

Am I right in thinking that streamedMP/MediaPortal are just using the file order from Windows ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think this is occurring because your in shares view and not a Library view. You should consider scanning your music library in configuration and then switch to one of the library views in mediaportal.

You will also notice that you can control the sorting at the #track level in the music views section in mediaportal configuration.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Of course, in order to use the library view instead of the share view, your ID tags need to be in good order. However, you really want to use the library view and not the share view. So many more options.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Shares view does not know about tags only files and folders. The easiest easy to do what you want is to name all the files with the track ie.

01. My track.mp3

But as others have said, importing into the database would be a much better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom