Define view by import path? (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    It should work, you just have to add all the info correctly. Just tested it, and it works perfectly for me :) Guess "ID" and "sort" should be unique. Here's a screenshot:

If you learn the syntax, there are a lot of views you could make. I had a "Unwatched Ended Favourites" a while back...

Sorry, but I just have to ask out of curiosity, what does you're "Who?" view do? :)

And yes, I'm pretty sure you have to name them in "prettyname" or itll try to load a translation which is doesn't find. That's what you get for messing with undocumented/unsupported features :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: and just to clear up the syntax a bit (debatable weather this was a good idea in the first place but whatever....)

A view consists of n viewsteps, where n>0, which are being evaluated from left to right.
    ViewSteps are seperated by: "<nextStep>"
    Each ViewSteps has the following syntax:

Code:
    type<;>condition[<cond>condition2/3/etc]<;>orderField;desc|asc[orderField2/3/etc;desc|asc]<;>limit

where:
    - type is either:
    series/episode/season or
    group:fieldtoGroupBy

- condition has the following syntax:
    Code:
    fieldtoCheck;ComparisonOperator;ComparisonValue
    valid operators are: = != > < >= <= (Like is not supported, although it would be trivial to add)
    (I'm not 100% sure right now but I think ComparisonValue needs to be a constant, with the only except of a virtual value <today> which evaluates to today's date)
    You can add several conditions per view steps by adding a <cond> in between conditions

Conditions are inhertited to the next next in line, so it is not nessesary to for instance add a unwatched=0 to each viewstep (only the first would be enough).

Hope that helps you guys hack away a bit more....or perhaps it inspires somebody to write the gui configuration support for this (patch more than welcome!)

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    If the database is empty of episodes (i.e. you tried an import w/o regex's enabled) - and you have more than 6 records in the views table... it throws an exception when starting config... or it could have just been the pretty names when adding the 6th :)

oh well, seems fine now w/ 6+ and pretty names and database with episodes.

ubela64

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Hi, sorry for my english,
    I created two new views. One for local episodes, one for upcoming episodes (<30 days).

series<;><Episode.FirstAired>;>=;<today><cond><Episode.FirstAired>;<=;<today+30><;><;><nextStep>season<;><;><Season.seasonIndex>;asc<;><nextStep>episode<;><;><Episode.EpisodeIndex>;asc<;>
    series<;><Episode.IsAvailable>;=;1<;><;><nextStep>season<;><;><Season.seasonIndex>;asc<;><nextStep>episode<;><;><Episode.EpisodeIndex>;asc<;>

is it possible to link the two views into a new view?
    thk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom