Delaying timeshift start after tuning (1 Viewer)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So this is probably one for mm1352000 but I'll welcome any input :)

I'm using Mediaportal TV Server backend and Kodi frontend - for a while now I've been having an issue with audio when starting channels, usually when switching from SD <> HD my playback doesn't start correctly in Kodi.
I've managed to track this down to the fact that I'm using a HDPVR with an STB, the STB is still switching channel when the timeshift buffer is starting to write and the timing usually causes Kodi to freak out as it can't get any audio tracks.. the only way to recover from that is stop and start the channel again (this time the STB doesn't have to switch, so it's OK).

So, I'd like to insert some artificial delay into the process so that my STB has time to complete the switch before Mediaportal starts up the timeshift file.

I have checked out the TSWriter code and found Ignore_Packets which is defaulted to 25, I've increased this to 200 as a test, but it didn't help.

Can anyone advise where I should 'sleep' to always insert a delay after the blasting plugin is started, but before the timeshift starts to write?

I don't care how dirty the hack is, just need to get this working as the WAF is at an all time low due to the fact a recording of her favourite program is not playable due to no audio :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    By the way...
    due to the fact a recording of her favourite program is not playable due to no audio :p
    This can be fixed quite easily, even if you have to hand-edit the file with a hex editor. Just chop off the first part of the file up until the point where the proper audio comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom