Delete old Covers and Backdrops no longer in movingpictures.db3 (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi M3 , great news ... (y) ,
    I'M no developer ... but if you need i can help with skin the new plugin for new Default's skin :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MPCleaner is a pretty apt name, I'm sure you will soon need to access the folders which MyVideo's will be using too, along with all the rest of the plugins that generate fanart, which gets longer every year ;)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    As I said, I'm no plugin expert and following the sample plugin VB code on Wiki, I managed to create a dll, but it is not being recognised by MP Configuration. Attached is the code and I appreciate all the help you can provide to get me started.....

Thanks

Attachments

• MPCleaner.txt
      3.6 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    well , one of the best developer that can point you to correct way ... is ltfearme .... he usly online late at night .... ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RoChess, here is FanartCleaner v1.2 which should now cater for "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data". Can you test it for me please and advise if it woks.

Works perfect.

The only suggestion I have next is aside from a "Delete" button to also have an "Scan" or "Analyze" button that will tell me 'what' is about to be deleted before it actually happens (still looking for log file to tell me what just got deleted on this test box).

For help on turning your tool into a MediaPortal GUI plugin, perhaps you want to look at a very small plugin project such as IMDb+ or the InfoService/Trakt/etc plugin, so it is easier to figure out how things work. You can also look at the MePo developer wiki that explains the basic framework setup on an empty plugin if you want to start from scratch.

IMDb+ plugin = http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/source/browse/#svn/trunk
    MediaPortal plugin developer help = http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/6_Plugins

I'm by no means an expert in C# and I've had a lot of help myself to get IMDb+ plugin of the ground, but once people helped me with the framework parts, it was actually much easier then I anticipated to get the rest done.

And you might want to join an IRC channel from one of the existing plugins and hope that one of the active developers has time to help you. Do not expect immediate results as people are on different timezones and have their own life as well, but with the wide range of developers from all over the world, you never have to wait very long.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Managed to get my "empty" plugin to show in MediaPortal Configuration :D. The original problem was that I was compiling for .NET Famework 4 and found on internet that compilation should be for .NET Framework 3.5, and that did the trick (y)

Now the real work begins..... let's see what I manage to achieve :giggle: .

Thanks for the support.

MPCleaner.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Now the real work begins..... let's see what I manage to achieve :giggle:

If you like the idea of using the recycle bin icon from Windows for your programs icon inside MediaPortal, then let me know and I'll dig up a tool I have to extract the 256x256 icon out of the Windows DLL for you to use.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, attached is ZIP file containing 256x256 PNG image with alpha transparant layer, as well as a multi-layered ICO file containing all the possible icon formats you might need (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256), should be able to add those to your MPEI plugin project to be used both during MPEI install as well as icon for the plugin itself.

Edit: Forgot to include disabled/hidden state icon for plugin, which is what MePo config uses to decide if your plugin is enabled/disabled.

Attachments

• MPCleaner.Disabled.png
      MPCleaner.Disabled.png
      28.3 KB
    • MPCleaner.png
      MPCleaner.png
      89.5 KB
    • MPCleaner.zip
      215.5 KB
    Last edited:

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    M3rcury - I'm loving your work!

The stand-alone tool you did works great, but a plugin is awesome.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Used tool on my production system, few suggestions:

"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\_cache\fanart\original" was left alone which had accumulated a lot of irrelevant images for me. In the end I just manually purged the content, as these are the cached thumbnails when you load all the fanart options and are regenerated the moment you do F9 -> Fanart.

"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original" still contains all the backdrops that I'm not using, because I disabled the load-random-fanart option in MP-TVSeries. So would be nice if you added support for that setting as well and trim away all the other fanarts from each show.

"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners" had a lot of folders (with artwork) still in them on shows that I removed from my MP-TVSeries database a while ago, so hopefully you can add that to your tool.

Adding in the manual clearing I did, I gained 3GB free space though, so that helped :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom