[fixed] deploy tool crashes on mpaudioswitcher.ax (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Feedback for V13 failed logs attached I'll try V15 with specific non sse2 support.

Seperate issue. Deploy failed on 'ApplicationLocations.xml' needing to connect to the net to download a 3kb file turning a 'redistributable' into a web update.
    Also the jpg shows that the deploy fails to check for MS-SQL and tries to suggest a need for MY-SQl

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      71.4 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Feedback for V13 failed logs attached I'll try V15 with specific non sse2 support.

Seperate issue. Deploy failed on 'ApplicationLocations.xml' needing to connect to the net to download a 3kb file turning a 'redistributable' into a web update.
    Also the jpg shows that the deploy fails to check for MS-SQL and tries to suggest a need for MY-SQl

If you have a SQL server already installed, you should do an advanced install and then there is an option to 'use already installed SQL server'.

Mark

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    About the off-line install issue, may I know how you downloaded and moved the stuff to the machine non internet-connected please ? Thank you.

Simone

hounddog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2008
    Para Hills SA
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Everyone who had issues with the filter registration - please list the exact CPU model you are using. It is a bit weird issue, since disabling compiler optimization seems to help with the few systems that are having issues. This is not an optimal solution since for all other users it will create increased CPU usage when audio switcher filter is in used.
    Hi, I was having this problem and it is now working fine when i installed one of the fixes. here are the cpu details. ["Version_12Bis_Installer_MP"]
    AMD Athlon XP-M 3200+
    Barton
    SSE

Keep up The good work Guys :D
    Mark

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    About the off-line install issue, may I know how you downloaded and moved the stuff to the machine non internet-connected please ? Thank you.

Simone

I have just done a fresh instal of Vista Sp2 on one PC, all required applications for MP where downloaded of-site as redis packages, MS-SQL, .NET etc and then installed on the PC. Obviously I can't connect to MS and Licence the OS but this causes no problem apart from a nag after 30 days.

MP can be installed without problems (apart from SSE2 bug, now fixed) from the Temp/~/DEPLOY folder.

With respect to the deploy application running this fails to proceed before checking that the required application are in fact resident and insatalled on the pc just because of this one 3kb file as stated above.

I am not being critical of the chosen path with web updates but it seems faulty checking logic that this one 3kb file that isn't present in 25,000 MB download causes the deploy to stop.

If you have a SQL server already installed, you should do an advanced install and then there is an option to 'use already installed SQL server'.

Mark

Thanks, I am aware of that but in the stated situation shouldn't the deploy app check for both possible SQL or is there a problem out of control of the MP team that the MS-SQL can't be checked for.

With respect to the V15 test with non SSE2 this ran smoothly without mpcsubs or audioswitcher problems, both instal and running(both selected for use in MP config).

Excellent work thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: deploy tool crashes on mpaudioswitcher.ax

Simone
    Hi.
    USB- Stick? CD/DVD? Something like that...
    Myself I often asks me, why there is a small file need to download during install?? All others (SQL, VC-Runtimes, ...) I can download e.G. at work and bring it home as I sometimes did not have any kind of Internet at all. If there is Internet at home, it's damned slow as I only have cellphone (2G) Internet..

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Are you following theexact steps ?

- Download only
    - Copy %temp%\MediaPortal Installation NOT the Deploy folder
    - Launch DeployTool from there in the destination pc, you should easily see that ApplicationLocations.xml is there.

Simone

tsitalon1

Portal Member
    August 23, 2011
    Hello,

I am a long time SageTv user who has decided to give MP a try. I am runnning into this mpaudioswitcher.ax issue right out the box on a fresh install of windows 7 while trying to install MP 1.20 Beta.

Am I right in understanding that there isn't a publically released fix for this yet? That we will have to what for the Dev team to resolve in the next release.

I really want to try MP and looking at the teaser video's 1.20 seems exceptional.

Thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome tsitalon1 :)

There is an installer in this thread -->here<-- that you can use if you are keen to try 1.2.0b now. Keep in mind that 1.2.0rc will be released on Monday the 29th though - not very far away. The choice is yours...

mm

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The issue has been fixed in trunk and will be available in 1.2.0 RC (expected to be released on 29 Aug 2011).

As noted in earlier posts this was related to SSE2 optimizations and old CPUs (not supporting SSE2). Also note that the issue is specific to 1.2.0 Beta (beta versions are expected to have issues and that is why we release them publicly - to find and fix those issues) and not the official stable release which currently is 1.1.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom