Desparate: DVD will really not play at all from HD! :-( (1 Viewer)

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Works fine here.

Just make sure you have the same structure as on DVD.

So you should have a folder with a subfolder called VIDEO_TS which contains the ifo and vob files. For example "Movie1/VIDEO_TS/<ifo and vobs here>" now when I select the Movie1 folder and press Enter the movie will start (just like a normal DVD with menus and all).

One thing you might want to check is if you have "autoplay" enabled for DVD. I am not sure if it should be enabled, but it is worth a try.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    To be honest: What I did not checked is a REAL DVD..

I always just ripped tht DVD with DVD Decrypter, so I get IFO and VOB files, but DVD decrypter just extracts the main movie.. So maybe the structure is somehow not detected.. though they work pretty well in PowerDVD

I will give it a try with a complete ripp.
    Which tool should I use.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mr.Mitchell said:
    Works fine here.

Just make sure you have the same structure as on DVD.

So you should have a folder with a subfolder called VIDEO_TS which contains the ifo and vob files. For example "Movie1/VIDEO_TS/<ifo and vobs here>" now when I select the Movie1 folder and press Enter the movie will start (just like a normal DVD with menus and all).

One thing you might want to check is if you have "autoplay" enabled for DVD. I am not sure if it should be enabled, but it is worth a try.

Hey Mr.Mitchell, I got my HardDrive based DVDs to play OK from the MyVideos menu. However they play about 1/2 size (big black border around the picture). Any ideas what causes this? Mpg files play at the proper size.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    CodeMonkey said:
    Hey Mr.Mitchell, I got my HardDrive based DVDs to play OK from the MyVideos menu. However they play about 1/2 size (big black border around the picture). Any ideas what causes this? Mpg files play at the proper size.
    Did you try pressing "S" to change aspect ratio?
    And does this happen with all codecs (you can set them up in configuration.exe) ?

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mr.Mitchell said:
    CodeMonkey said:
    Did you try pressing "S" to change aspect ratio?
    And does this happen with all codecs (you can set them up in configuration.exe) ?

I don't have a keyboard attached, but I will try and hookone up and give that a try. I will try other codecs as well, thanks.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Even with ISOs it does not work..
    I have placed my ISO rips on my removable HD.. I even have Daemon Tools installed and provided the right path in the settings.. nevertheless the ISOs are shown as a subfolder.
    When I click on them I just enter a empty directory..

When I mount them manually through the daemon tools I am able to play them just fine.. But I guess that is not how it is supposed to work?!?!?
    :(

H

homerjay

hi guys

i'm havin the exact same problem, ive ripped my DVD's to my HD using DVDDecrypter, put them in VIDEO_TS folder, but when i attept to play i just get a black screen.

and idea's anybody please...

cheers

aajkaarjun

August 4, 2005
    Exact same problem here. I have DVDs ripped to disk using DVDDecrypter, and MP will not play them. On occasion, MP seems to "hang", i.e. I'm unable to get back control of the interface, and I usually kill it. Perhaps if I waited, it would "come back".

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Any news on that?

I still have not managed to play the VOBs /IFO I have ripped of a DVD with DVD decryprter..
    They are on the harddisk and I can select the IFO,
    but only a black screen appears.

PowerDVD is abe to play it, if I select the IFO

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Hmmm, as soon as I enter a directory with a VIDEO_TS subdirectory in it, it starts playing the complete DVD. So, I know this doesn't help you at all, but it works for me (with 0.2.0.0 RC1 that is). BTW, I'm totally on MPEG2Dec/MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM for DVD's, Movies & TV and use the internal DVD navigator in the DVD configuration.

I just checked, and it doesn't use DTools for this type if playback at all. AFAIK DTools is only used with complete images on disk.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom