Desparate: DVD will really not play at all from HD! :-( (1 Viewer)

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    jcee said:
    I still have not managed to play the VOBs /IFO I have ripped of a DVD with DVD decryprter..
    For me it is working almost perfectly!
    MP 0.1.3.0 + CVS 25/8
    MP DVD configured with: Internal DVD navigation + Cyberlink Video (WMR9) + FF audio
    HD structure: D:\Movies\DVD\'dvd_name'\VIDEO_TS
    DVDs are fully ripped with DVD Decrypter (file mode) directly in the above position.
    The only problem is that when the movie is finished, MP crashes, but it seems to be a known bug!

nachoman

October 23, 2005
    hmm seems to work here for me .. mind you im not copying the whole dvd just the film its self... i use dvd shrink to rip the film to hard drive... actualy selecting output to hard drive rather than burn to disk puts it in the correct format so video plays back fine with my mediaportal.

nachoman

October 23, 2005
    archimede said:
    jcee said:
    I still have not managed to play the VOBs /IFO I have ripped of a DVD with DVD decryprter..
    For me it is working almost perfectly!
    MP 0.1.3.0 + CVS 25/8
    MP DVD configured with: Internal DVD navigation + Cyberlink Video (WMR9) + FF audio
    HD structure: D:\Movies\DVD\'dvd_name'\VIDEO_TS
    DVDs are fully ripped with DVD Decrypter (file mode) directly in the above position.
    The only problem is that when the movie is finished, MP crashes, but it seems to be a known bug!

what do you mean by crash? i use dvd shrink .. at the end of each film it just stays with a black screen... pressing back takes me in to the main program again so i can carry on .. it is annoying but atleast im not having to restart mediaportal again

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    nachoman said:
    what do you mean by crash? i use dvd shrink .. at the end of each film it just stays with a black screen... pressing back takes me in to the main program again so i can carry on .. it is annoying but atleast im not having to restart mediaportal again
    If I would like to see a movie on DVD and I have enough time, I just insert the disc in my HTPC and I watch it as it is.
    If I have no time and I have to give it back to a friend or whatever, I rip it on the HD as I wrote above and I watch it whenever I have time.
    In this case, when the movie play is finished, instead of going back to the movie submenu in MP, I get a nice Error Dialog and MP crashes.
    I am not 'shrinking' the movie anyway, I am just copying it as it is... my HD has got plenty of space :D

nachoman

October 23, 2005
    got the same here.. got plenty of space just trying to fit as many movies on to the drives so i dont have browsing the collection to to speak .. rather do that from the comfort of my own chair ;)

however i dont get the error your talking about, i wonder if ripping the disc with dvd shrink but not actualy compressing the file would work any better for you?

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    nachoman said:
    however i dont get the error your talking about, i wonder if ripping the disc with dvd shrink but not actualy compressing the file would work any better for you?
    I have not much time in this period, but I'll give it a try, even if I think it has nothing to do with the way I rip the DVDs.
    I am almost sure of this, because if I just interrupt the DVD play (press stop key without waiting till the end) I get the same error.
    I will have a look in the log file, but my feeling is that there is something wrong with the internal DVD player. Beside this, it was not happening with an older CVS.

mznewman

December 9, 2005
    PA, USA
    For those of you on this thread that are ripping DVD backups with Shrink or DVDrip and trying to play them back through MP, you may want to try the following:

1. in your video_ts folder, remove all files except for the main movie's .vob files.
    2. download a free program called Ifoedit (Ifoedit0971.zip). I got it from doom9.net.
    3. run the ifoedit.exe and choose the "create IFO's" button on the bottom tool bar. Locate your video_ts folder and let the tool rebuild everything it needs (.ifo and .bup)

I had to do this to all the images that I ripped or shrunk. They all work now in MP.

Hope this helps some of you.

Best Regards,
    -Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom