Developement status? 0.8.0? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
I suppose "when it's done" ;-)
That can be sooner or later, depending on how many threads like this the developers have to answer and if they get annoyed by them or not.

You can subscribe to the google code issue tracker for moving pictures to keep track of the changes ... If they have a release date I am sure it will be published here.

nothing about annoying :). Just to keep us informed.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
all the information about progress is publicly available. Any release date has never been set to a hard date and probable never will.
The Devs are all doing this in their spare time. pressing for a fixed release date will amount to nothing.
It's done when it's done!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi folks, just wanted to say hi, yes the project is still under active development, and no I have not fallen off the face of the earth. :p I've just taken a little time off from the project the last 3 or 4 weeks, and was on vacation over the last week, but I think my batteries are just about fully recharged. Armandp and ZealotSix have been busy working on the project though, so development is still and has been active. You can see all project activity on Google Code here, and there are various itemized feeds available here to stay up to date on what is being worked on.

As for upcoming releases, 0.8 should be coming relatively soon with (among many other things) filtering support. Marvenius is right though, it's hard to set a firm deadline. It's difficult to predict how long software projects will take to complete, and when everyone is contributing on a volunteer, as available, basis, it makes setting and meeting deadlines even more difficult. We will definitely try to get things knocked out as fast as possible though.

Additionally, we will also probably do another 0.7 release in the near future for a few bugs fixes and scraper script updates. You can probably expect this within a week.

Thanks for your patience everyone. :p

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
MediaInfo logos will be in 0.8. The code is mostly complete for this feature.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
That's great news, MediaInfo and filtering support are 2 huge features. Can't wait for 0.8 !!

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
MediaInfo logos will be in 0.8. The code is mostly complete for this feature.

Wow, you just made my day as thats one feature I've looking forward to since day 1 with Moving Pictures..

Kudos to the team..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom