Developement status? 0.8.0? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan_chu

Portal Member
October 17, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Tshoco: The "problem" is IO. When you scroll down the list it loads the backdrops, posters and so on. This takes IO. I myself had the installation on a Laptop harddrive in my mediacenter, and it was SLOOOOOOOW. Ive moved my installation to a faster drive (5disk raid5 array). Now its smooth.

With that kind of ram you could make a ram drive for your installation ? (unless you have a butload of film entrys and exceed a few gb =) ) But with 2gb ramdrive and 2gb os ram, you should be ok ?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Anyone happen to have MP 8.0 skins for StreamedMP that they hacked - ones that support categories? I could have sworn I saw some screenshots of one.

I've compiled the SVN and have it working - I like it! - but I miss StreamedMP. The source files only build skins for Blue3, and generics, and I apparently am not talented enough a skinner to mod StreamedMP to use the new features like categories.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Anyone happen to have MP 8.0 skins for StreamedMP that they hacked - ones that support categories? I could have sworn I saw some screenshots of one.

I've compiled the SVN and have it working - I like it! - but I miss StreamedMP. The source files only build skins for Blue3, and generics, and I apparently am not talented enough a skinner to mod StreamedMP to use the new features like categories.

1. Create a new folder in your skin directory e.g. 'StreamedMP-SVN'

2. Now do a SVN checkout into this folder from: streamedmp - Revision 607: /trunk

3. Set your skin to new StreamedMP-SVN

Now you have support for MovingPictures 0.8

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ixian:

Can you post your compiled version.... So i can get categories working!? I don't wanna wait for the v.0.8.0 anymore... All i care about is the categories, so i would love your version... :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ixian:

Can you post your compiled version.... So i can get categories working!? I don't wanna wait for the v.0.8.0 anymore... All i care about is the categories, so i would love your version... :)

+1.

if someone can compile 0.8 version so we can have a look at how things are going.

:D

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    It's not really "my" version though; all I did was compile it. I'd hate to release it out in the wild without the devs consent - I'm pretty sure that the reason it's the way it is now is so they know the only people testing 8.0 are the ones who can build it, and thus are probably a little more savvy about dealing with bugs, etc.

Out of respect for them I need to pass, all I can say right now is it appears pretty far along - I haven't run in to any major bugs yet, and there's just a few things that need some polish (such as how categories are set up, right now, it's kinda confusing to puzzle through). However there may be problems with other languages, scrapers, etc, as I only have a US perspective.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to compile it myself, but it did not work. So can you post your version please

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    You completely missed my point.

I'm not the developer(s). If they want to post a at-your-own-risk "alpha" 8.0 that's their choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom