Developers where are you? (2 Viewers)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
10 years of experience in the dev business, c++, Turbo pascal, visual basic, c# etc.
No time is always the resaon :D

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    10 years of experience in the dev business, c++, Turbo pascal, visual basic, c# etc.
    No time is always the resaon :D

Then waste no time and hop on IRC so you can help MP out :) Just ping someone in there and say you're interested in helping out.

Hope to see you there!

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would if I would have more then 3-4 hours a week to help out.
    :sorry:
    I fully ditched my Unreal Tournament 2003 mod a year or two ago, because time was short, and two years later... its even shorter.

[Edit]Besides, my card doesnt even work yet :D[/Edit]

dkelley

December 28, 2006
    ok, this is getting sort of ridiculous here. I'm interested in started to develop plugins and possibly some other features for mediaportal, I'm a very experienced senior .net developer, but I can't find working cvs information about the mediaportal project in the forums or on the plugins development page. Everything appears to be sort of out dated stuff from the 1.1 framework days. Can someone please confirm the cvsroot string for wincvs so I can get the sources and start having some fun?

TIA for your assistance, and sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask but there are so many broken links to missing guides that are supposed to describe what I'm asking that I don't really have a clue where would be the most appropriate place to post this rather basic sounding question. Once I get into the sources I'll be fine, just can't get them.

Cheers,
    Don

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi dkelley,

Thanks for the interest. Everything has moved to SVN since almost a year now.

The string is: https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk/mediaportal

All this information and more is in the wiki ;) Check out the developement section, there are also a few standard things in the FAQ.

Post if you have any more problems. IRC is also a great way to get in contact with us, if you need a quick response.

dkelley

December 28, 2006
    awesome, thanks very much. If anyone is maintaining the forum and main website, it might be a help to remove all of the outdated instructions sometime. I know that takes time, if help is needed, I could try helping out a bit with that kind of maintenance, in case that's helpful.

Cheers!
    Don

achappey

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, just a reply to let you all know that i'm started to help developing too after couple of years very happy user experience... :)
    I've 3 years of developing experience in c/java and it looks like the step too c# .net is very easy. I've started a little addressbook plugin to get familiar with developing within visual studio & mediaportal.

Works very well right now with db usage and mail, skype & birthday reminder functionality but have to work things further out! Will let you know, time is not really a issue, although i've a full time job to fullfill! But will be happey to make time for such a awesome project!

achappey

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still have one comment on the above reply, One important reason that I'll try to help developing is the result of the new tv engine. It is great to see that the open source community has such a great competitor on the intel viiv platform, just without extra hardware involved and even before the viiv platform is widely used within the dutch (european?) citizens... great job done by you developers!!! :D

konrad

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi, I can help... C#, VB.NET, SQL... Everythink what you need:)

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

im developing for 4 years now. i'am experienced in programming mobile applications for pocket pc and wince (.net compact framework). I'm also programming .net based windows applications. Let me know if i could help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom