[News] Development of MP 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We are fast approaching the Alpha release of MP 1.3.0! To further enhance the stability of our product, we now include only changes that have been fully tested and documented.

This means that our developers post threads in the Area 51 section of the forum - depending on the scale of the change, you can download either a full installer, or binary files for testing.
    So the community plays a very big role in the process of determining which changes will be included in a release and which will not - because you can now test every single feature during its development!

We have set 18 May 2012 as the deadline for changes to be finalized and merged with the master of our GIT repository.
    The release of 1.3.0 Alpha is then planned for 14 days later.

So head over to Area 51, and help us testing. The more testing these changes receive, the higher the chances are that you will see them included in 1.3.0, and the faster development will proceed to the final release.

------- Update 25.05.2012 -------

Sadly the release of 1.3.0 Alpha has to be delayed because there were some larger complications when merging the (big) branches.
    Getting everything into a working state requires additional efforts from our developers.

But as soon as we have a build ready, we will make it available for pre-release testing in Area51. :)

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Brilliant News I.L, thanks for the update!

I suppose 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 will be fairly close then!

Would it be possible to provide a list of the Area-51 modifications that will be included within MP1.3.0 (or is it all of them)?

Thanks

Robbo100

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Would it be possible to provide a list of the Area-51 modifications that will be included within MP1.3.0 (or is it all of them)?
    Only those that get "finished" before the deadline will get into 1.3.0 Alpha. We won't delay the release for a specific feature.
    So it is up to the community to help with the testing in order to get the changes done in time. ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Go, Go, Go! The ball is rolling but where does it roll depends now on the community. There are lot of things to be tested.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Go, Go, Go! The ball is rolling but where does it roll depends now on the community. There are lot of things to be tested.
    Especially everyone with a Blue-Ray drive has to check out native playback... No other Open Source software has full blueray playback with menus afaik...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I don't know much about the git hub etc, so I have what I hope will be a simple question.

Is it possible to install more than one of the Area-51 patch at a time? Is there any risk that installing one patch on top of another might break the first patch?

I was always told there is no such thing as a stupid question (that is my excuse and I am sticking with it!)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I don't know much about the git hub etc, so I have what I hope will be a simple question.

Is it possible to install more than one of the Area-51 patch at a time? Is there any risk that installing one patch on top of another might break the first patch?

I was always told there is no such thing as a stupid question (that is my excuse and I am sticking with it!)
    Unless you are compiling the code yourself this is not possible.

One fix could quite easily break another which is why we will only take finished code then combine and test how they integrate with each other

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very nice to hear this news!

Small tip: Change the dates in the roadmap according to the newspost

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    "fast approaching" and "18 May 2012 + 14 days" ? :-o

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry, maybe I'm off topic.
    Is already decided what to include in 1.3.0?
    There were some ideas and patches made by mm135200 that could be included and were postponed to 1.3.0 (Mostly about rewriting radio part)
    For example look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/800922/
    This patch cannot be included in the upcoming 1.2.3, as is said here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/pre-testing-of-mediaportal-1-2-3.106441/
    Also look this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/now-that-beta-is-out-lets-improve-radio.95900/
    How to include all that in 1.3.0?
    Thank you,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom