Differences between webepg and webepg-designer? (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I've had some problems with WebEPG not picking up all information properly. I started to design/modify the grabber file to make it find and collect TILE, DESCRIPTION, etc. Doing that I realized (I think) that there are differences between how WebEPG.exe and WebEPG-Designer.exe (v5) extracts data.

If I enter the following grabber:

<SectionTemplate tags="DS">
    <TemplateText>
    &lt;div&gt;&lt;#START&gt;(&lt;#END&gt;)&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;#TITLE&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;z(&gt;&lt;span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/z)?&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
    &lt;div&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;#DESCRIPTION&gt;&lt;form&gt;
    </TemplateText>
    </SectionTemplate>

into WebEPG-designer.exe parsing the address &cha=42]TV6 - DagensTv.com - Tv-guide för filmer, sport, serier. tv-tablåer för 150 kanaler. - DagensTv.com
    it won't find any DESCRIPTION. But if I run webepg.exe with this grabber it will find it...

I'm trying to update the grabber www_dagenstv_com.xml for SE to find the descriptions. This file won't find descriptions. I've also tried an old file www_dagenstv_com_old.xml which works.

So my question is, are there differences between the parsing in webepg and webepg-designer? It seems they are treating the conditional (regexp) statements differently?

I've attached all files if anyone can give it a try?

/Peter

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Peter,

The core parsing code is in Utils.dll. So it is possible changes have been made and the two are a bit different.

I would suggest using the webepg-designer with the most up-to-date utils.dll.

/James

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi James, I also realized that the Utils.dll was old and when I replaced it with a newer it works better. Perhaps worth updating the link on Webepg-designer wiki?

Hi Vuego, thanks for your suggestion! This was actually my ww_dagenstv_com_old.xml that I refered to in my previous post ;)

/Peter

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Hi James, I also realized that the Utils.dll was old and when I replaced it with a newer it works better. Perhaps worth updating the link on Webepg-designer wiki?

Hi. Can you please tell me the new link for utils.dll?

Thanks,
    Khurram.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Khurram,

I think you can just use the utils.dll from a recent MP installation.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom