Different backgrounds in Basic Home (1 Viewer)

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
Deffinitely the best looking skin for MP, but I'm looking for tweaks for it. I wonder if there is a way to cycle backgrounds for Basic Home.
Example: I have a huge amount of fanart/backdrops and i want to put this in specific folders: TV-Series, Movies, Weather etc. and StreamedMP to cycle the contet of folders.

However, I can't find the two backrounds for TV-Series (Heroes and Dexter fanart), so, I can't guess where the files are located. If anyone can help me with this feature, :D

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's located in the skin dir under media/animations/ and there are the folders for the different sections with the pictures in it.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Not in front of my MP now, but let me try.
    program files\team meadiaportal\mediaportal\skin\steamedmp\media\annimations
    or there about.
    If you still don't get it, I will look it up later this evening.

** edit ** aaah beaten, luckily same answer :D

sergiocos

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2009
    Targoviste
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies and sorry for not digging every folder :sorry: looking for that pics, now thanks to you I'm going "right on target".
    Thanks and congrats on an amazing software and an mind-blowing skin.

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does the skin make it possible to add shortcuts between the skins animations folder and the relative thumbs folders for TvSeries and Moving Pictures. As that would make things fantastic!

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does the skin make it possible to add shortcuts between the skins animations folder and the relative thumbs folders for TvSeries and Moving Pictures. As that would make things fantastic!

just edit the basichome.xml and change the imagepath
    example:
    <imagepath>tv</imagepath>
    to
    <imagepath>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original</imagepath>
    (if using vista)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Hello,

In my basichome.xml, some strings look like this:

<description>MOVIES VIDEOS DVD BACKGROUND</description>

And when I change the image path to a backdrop I want, it will set them for all three, movies, videos and DVD. There are others that do the same such as plugins and pictures, and TV show and tv...

I would like to get it to display a different backdrop for each selection. Is this yet possible?

Thanks

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

In my basichome.xml, some strings look like this:

<description>MOVIES VIDEOS DVD BACKGROUND</description>

And when I change the image path to a backdrop I want, it will set them for all three, movies, videos and DVD. There are others that do the same such as plugins and pictures, and TV show and tv...

I would like to get it to display a different backdrop for each selection. Is this yet possible?

Thanks

you can just use the basichome editor program that comes with streamedmp. delete those three sections then add them in again with different image directories.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    ftothe3 thanks for your reply,

I tried as you suggested, but there isn't a separate folder for each section. I even went to where the folders are located and added one, and it didn't appear in the streamedmp editor where that drop down box is. Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom