Different video and audio streams. (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
I'm developing a new plugin for a site that returns two/three different streams. One Video, one audio and sometimes one for subtitles. Is it possible to make this work with OnlineVideos?
And if it is, how shall I do to get it to work?

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
I've investigated it a bit more and it seems that it is a hls(HTTP Live Stream) that I can start with a m3u8 playlist. Is this supported in Online Videos or is there any workaround to get this to work?

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
I did find the helper class hlshelper and hope that it will work for me to use that class.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    The results of that hlshelper could directy be used in onlinevideos, there are already some examples where that helper is used (but I guess you've found them already :) )

But if that site returns them as separate audio and video streams, then I don't know if those can be merged into one which you can feed to the player.
    Same goes for subtitles although there may be other options to pass subs to the player. (I only have used the videoinfo property where you can put in the complete srt-file contents, so no experience with other methods...)

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Thanks. I seems like the site returns separate audio and video. Is it possible to use that or do I have to do it in another way?
    Isn't there other places in MP that uses different streams for audio and video?
    If there are, couldn't Online Videos use that also?

One other strange thing is that I only get playlists back all the time. I shall try to explain what I mean.
    I first get a playlist with URL:s to the audio, video and subtitle and when I use those URL:s I get new playlists with the same info but different URL:s and so on. Does anyone run in to this problem and know what to do?

I can upload a playlist if that helps?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Hm, sounds a bit strange. Must say I never encountered anything like this in all the years maintaining onlinevideos
    Care to disclose the site? Or DM if appropriate, 'cause I'm getting a bit curious here :)

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    I think I've found out why I only get playlists all the time. It was me that didn't understand that I had to send cookies back to the site when I should get the streams. I havent tested it yet, but think it is right.
    The site I'm trying to get working is DPlay.se/dk/no.

But there still another problem and that is that I will get one audio stream and one video stream, and I think there are segments, so not one stream of video, rather small pieces that must be put together. Both for the video and audio stream.

Hope someone have a solution for this?

I can add that I get them to work in VLC if I just put in the URL to the first playlist.
    I think that the containt in the streams are encrypted too, is there a way in Online videos to decrypt it or shall that be done in my plugin?

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    that seems to be something you can feed to the player,,,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    A Different audio outputs Feature Requests 0
    P Recordings using different tuners? General Support 1
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    O 1.25.0 Codecs and Video Format for PlayStation 2 Codecs, External Players 0
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    I Video Playback Stuttering General Support 45
    B some videos jerky Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    T Kurze Tonaussetzter bei Videos und TV Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    ajs [Proposal] Video embedded cover MediaPortal 1 1
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    R kein Ton bei TV, Video, Aufnahme, Musik Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    U [solved] Dynamic Refresh Rate for 23fps video Watch / Listen Media 1
    J Debug OnlineVideos, How To? OnlineVideos 1
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    H [solved] Video database genres, sort titles and collection thumbnails Newcomers Forum 12
    M How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner Newcomers Forum 1
    cbr954rr Issue BOOTSUWRNQ with online videos? Plugin Development 1
    A Working server, no video playback on client General 5