Different video and audio streams. (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm developing a new plugin for a site that returns two/three different streams. One Video, one audio and sometimes one for subtitles. Is it possible to make this work with OnlineVideos?
And if it is, how shall I do to get it to work?

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've investigated it a bit more and it seems that it is a hls(HTTP Live Stream) that I can start with a m3u8 playlist. Is this supported in Online Videos or is there any workaround to get this to work?

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I did find the helper class hlshelper and hope that it will work for me to use that class.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The results of that hlshelper could directy be used in onlinevideos, there are already some examples where that helper is used (but I guess you've found them already :) )

But if that site returns them as separate audio and video streams, then I don't know if those can be merged into one which you can feed to the player.
    Same goes for subtitles although there may be other options to pass subs to the player. (I only have used the videoinfo property where you can put in the complete srt-file contents, so no experience with other methods...)

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. I seems like the site returns separate audio and video. Is it possible to use that or do I have to do it in another way?
    Isn't there other places in MP that uses different streams for audio and video?
    If there are, couldn't Online Videos use that also?

One other strange thing is that I only get playlists back all the time. I shall try to explain what I mean.
    I first get a playlist with URL:s to the audio, video and subtitle and when I use those URL:s I get new playlists with the same info but different URL:s and so on. Does anyone run in to this problem and know what to do?

I can upload a playlist if that helps?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, sounds a bit strange. Must say I never encountered anything like this in all the years maintaining onlinevideos
    Care to disclose the site? Or DM if appropriate, 'cause I'm getting a bit curious here :)

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I've found out why I only get playlists all the time. It was me that didn't understand that I had to send cookies back to the site when I should get the streams. I havent tested it yet, but think it is right.
    The site I'm trying to get working is DPlay.se/dk/no.

But there still another problem and that is that I will get one audio stream and one video stream, and I think there are segments, so not one stream of video, rather small pieces that must be put together. Both for the video and audio stream.

Hope someone have a solution for this?

I can add that I get them to work in VLC if I just put in the URL to the first playlist.
    I think that the containt in the streams are encrypted too, is there a way in Online videos to decrypt it or shall that be done in my plugin?

Last edited:

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is an example of one of the playlist. Had to rename it from m3u8 -> txt

Attachments

• 1791079270-prog_index.txt
      16 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that seems to be something you can feed to the player,,,

Users who are viewing this thread