Digital Devices Octopus NET CT/2 Erfahrungen? (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh yes, sirry my fault. But still the same answer :) MP user is not equal sat ip user. It sucks to write on a mobile so I hope you know what I mean ;)

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    habe ja nur auf englisch geschrieben damit @mm1352000 auch was davon hat

aber wenn ihr das trennt und die rtsp url keine reference zu der user ip(locale ip locale port für rtp Daten) hat dann passt es ja

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [OT] Möchtet ihr das vielleicht ins englische Forum verlagern? Mir persönlich macht die Sprache nichts aus, aber das soll hier ja eigentlich Deutsch sein und es gibt sicher einige User, die der englischen Sprache nicht mächtig sind.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    denke es wird hier kein englischen post mehr geben hatte nur in englisch geantwortet ( Probiert) damit mrmn und mm1352000 es nicht erst übersetzen müssen was bei so manchen Übersetzungs Programm zu Problemen führen kann

war ja mehr auch nur die frage nach was wie umgesetzt wurde wird

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm not managing releases, but in terms of code completion (at least to the point of compiling) I'm expecting at least a few more weeks of work... if not more. I'm not very good at estimating in terms of man-hours... and my time availability varies quite wildly.
    Basically I'm adding CableCARD tuner support, dealing with some PID filtering stuff (which relates to the SAT>IP URL pids parameter - it gets a bit complicated when dealing with encrypted channels and dynamic PMT changes), and generally fixing TODOs and broken code sections.

Thanks for the heads-up. I expect it is indeed quite complicated, so can appreciate that it takes time to get things working. I'm just happy that my investment in the OctoNet device might not have been wasted after all ;)

Yes, for DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2. The Onet is a SAT>IP device, so just follow the SAT>IP specifications:
    http://www.satip.info/resources

As I recall, I searched those documents for the parameters used by DD-TV in its URLs, but didn't find anything and so assumed it was all undocumented.

The Onet is a little bit non-standard in a few ways. One of them is the DVB-C/C2 support. As the first SAT>IP tuner that supports DVB-T/T2 ("TERR>IP") or DVB-C/C2 ("KABEL>IP"), it is totally unofficial and undocumented. Tuning of encrypted channels (x_pmt) is also undocumented and unofficial. You also can't get signal strength/quality readings from the Onet. The list goes on...
    FreakyJ knows more, but basically the Onet was released in beta and has been improved with firmware updates ever since.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I got suckered into buying it in the understanding that you could use the Elgato iOS clients with it, and only saw the fine print excluding DVB-C support after the fact. Since I almost never watch TV from my PC, it's mostly been gathering dust since then :(

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    [OT] Möchtet ihr das vielleicht ins englische Forum verlagern? Mir persönlich macht die Sprache nichts aus, aber das soll hier ja eigentlich Deutsch sein und es gibt sicher einige User, die der englischen Sprache nicht mächtig sind.

Entschuldigung, was mir gar nicht klar.. dann müsst Ihr halt mit meinem gebrochenem Gestotter auskommen :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    your work Looks really good
    Thank you :)

can it be that you have ignore multicast Support ? have it not found
    Yes - multicast is not supported.
    As FreakyJ said: TVE will handle sharing the stream for multiple MP or XBMC clients. It is possible that TVE could use multicast to share an existing stream with another SAT>IP client (instead of tuning)... but I prefer not to use this approach because the other client would be the stream owner. I'm concerned about what would happen if the other client wants to change channels. I think TVE would lose the stream => failed recordings, random timeshift halting.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    da fällt mir noch was ein für die sat user wie ist es mit unicable Support ?
    oder wenn user mehrere lnbs angeschlossen haben sprich single Lnb on port 1 für astra single Lnb on port 2 für hotbird usw

dann müsstet ihr das ja auch berücksichtigen zb list astra gebunden an fe 1 und list hotbird on fe 2

sorry mm1352000 that this in german i hope the Translation works if not please freakyj translate it for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom