Digital Devices Octopus NET CT/2 Erfahrungen? (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just had a quick look at the code and it appears to target only DVB-S/S2 (or rather, I saw no special code for DVB-C/T/T2). Do you plan on also supporting these tuners?
    probably you didn't looked probably at it ;)
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...er/TVLibrary/Implementations/DirectShow/SatIp
    and there you have:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...entations/DirectShow/SatIp/TunerSatIpCable.cs
    We developing this using hardware from DD ;) And I have DVB-C^^

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    to Code Quality i know that some parts of code are ugly
    this has two reasons
    1. I m a Hobbiest
    2. I write code in my sparetime

Sounds fair enough - we can't all write code for a living, and if your code as a hobbyist was as good as mine, then I should probably be doing something else ;)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    send a RTSPSetup with this data rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=0
    this tunes the Transponder
    send a RtspPlay with this data rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&addpids=16,17

then should the RTP Data TS contains NIT and SDT and you becomes all Service Information for this multiplex
    if you add 18 too becomes you the EIT Informations

Thanks! If I find a bit of time, I might tinker with this a bit and see if it ends up being useful. I do wish this was documented somewhere though; is there not a specification that explains the commands (such as Setup or Play) and parameters (mtype, pids, etc.) that one can use when talking to the OctopusNet device?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You guys should get a CI (continuous integration) server up and running to help avoid broken builds, which I'd imagine can be rather frustrating for a distributed team of developers. Or you could apply for a free account somewhere, like here: http://codebetter.com/codebetter-ci/
    Yeah, sorry - I have a bad habit of getting stuck into code and then getting distracted before I completely finish implementing or fixing it. :oops:
    Having said that, the less bureaucracy, the more productive I seem to be. I like the freedom of being able to leave things broken on the floor at least for a while when working on big features or architectural changes. Of course I'd never do this with the master branch (!!!).

Fair enough on the release schedule, since it's hard to predict how much time people are going to put into it. A better question might have been: what is the estimated effort (i.e. man-hours) of the things that need to be done before a beta is released? ;)
    I'm not managing releases, but in terms of code completion (at least to the point of compiling) I'm expecting at least a few more weeks of work... if not more. I'm not very good at estimating in terms of man-hours... and my time availability varies quite wildly.
    Basically I'm adding CableCARD tuner support, dealing with some PID filtering stuff (which relates to the SAT>IP URL pids parameter - it gets a bit complicated when dealing with encrypted channels and dynamic PMT changes), and generally fixing TODOs and broken code sections.

I do wish this was documented somewhere though; is there not a specification that explains the commands (such as Setup or Play) and parameters (mtype, pids, etc.) that one can use when talking to the OctopusNet device?
    Yes, for DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2. The Onet is a SAT>IP device, so just follow the SAT>IP specifications:
    http://www.satip.info/resources

DVB-T/T2 details are in the annexes as it was added later. I note that not all of the parameters listed for tuning are required. As with BDA tuners, you only need the frequency and bandwidth for DVB-T. For DVB-T2 you might need the PLP ID as well.

The Onet is a little bit non-standard in a few ways. One of them is the DVB-C/C2 support. As the first SAT>IP tuner that supports DVB-T/T2 ("TERR>IP") or DVB-C/C2 ("KABEL>IP"), it is totally unofficial and undocumented. Tuning of encrypted channels (x_pmt) is also undocumented and unofficial. You also can't get signal strength/quality readings from the Onet. The list goes on...
    FreakyJ knows more, but basically the Onet was released in beta and has been improved with firmware updates ever since.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds fair enough - we can't all write code for a living, and if your code as a hobbyist was as good as mine, then I should probably be doing something else ;)

please not, do probably something else
    for as hobbiest is it not every easy to find the right way and hoped that Devs push me on the right trak back ;-)

Thanks! If I find a bit of time, I might tinker with this a bit and see if it ends up being useful. I do wish this was documented somewhere though; is there not a specification that explains the commands (such as Setup or Play) and parameters (mtype, pids, etc.) that one can use when talking to the OctopusNet device?

the only spec to the protocol is this http://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/resource/satip_specification_version_1_2.pdf
    that describe the Discover Rtsp Rtp and Rtcp for DVBS DVBT
    the DVBC is the proof of concept from Digital Devices and is similar to the Tuning Parameters they are describe in the Sat>ip Spec msys=dvbc is for that the key

and for paytv Need you x_pmt this say the DD Onet the transportstream must deleivered into ci

@mm1352000

your work Looks really good
    can it be that you have ignore multicast Support ? have it not found
    ok that is for Mediaportsl Tve not a must
    i mean the ActiveStreams can be so List but interesting is it when more users want use the same stream

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Multicast makes absolutely no sense to a normal frontend like MP or DVBViewer. How should we handle this in our logic? Maybe you could pickup these streams during a channel scan, but I don't like this idea. If you want to use multicast you can use our normal IPTv filter :)

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sure in a normal usage (user a want see service a )is that not needed
    but mptve has a list Active streams (where users a Service a is listed )or had you removed this Feature ?

so now the theory user b want see users a Service a so must Service a changed to multicast or not ?
    why i ask is you fee the ds filter with the rtsp URL and i think there is the users a ip refer so that the stream data goes to him

call it Special case for Active Streams

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have a lot of typos in your post, so I am not sure if I understand everything correctly.
    TVE is for the SAT> IP device one user. So I guess TVE will handle the MP clients on it's own side. So the sat ip server doesn't even notice it because TVE will receive one stream and and provides it to more than one user. I could be wrong her, but I guess this will be how it works. Because that's how it works with normal Tv cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom