Digital Devices Octopus NET CT/2 Erfahrungen? (3 Viewers)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It currently doesn't compile. Some non SAT> IP things have to be finished first. We don't give time frames, but when it is ready it will get into an MP2 beta.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mnmr

the Project has nothing to do with mp at time
    the base idea was to write a Lib that Devs can use to communicate with sat>ip Transmitters
    and creates samples to describe how the Lib can be used

- what is the current state of the project and what tasks/issues need to be resolved?

my fist idea was to use the Windows Upnp lib for discovery but at Moment i think a own implementation ist better for parse satip:confused:atIP_XCaputre
    have some test make and i think have a working Option

so i have the Location, Name, FontendType with FrontEndCount (this should pass the Ses certification too)

- what needs to be done in order to make the Sat>IP (aka Cable>IP) library usable by MP?

Mp will use a other way they use DirectShowFilter that handels the Rtsp Rtp and some other things
    ok they have changed and build it in c# code
    but i think they are not interested to use the my Sat>IP Lib

Last edited:

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It currently doesn't compile. Some non SAT> IP things have to be finished first. We don't give time frames, but when it is ready it will get into an MP2 beta.

You guys should get a CI (continuous integration) server up and running to help avoid broken builds, which I'd imagine can be rather frustrating for a distributed team of developers. Or you could apply for a free account somewhere, like here: http://codebetter.com/codebetter-ci/

Fair enough on the release schedule, since it's hard to predict how much time people are going to put into it. A better question might have been: what is the estimated effort (i.e. man-hours) of the things that need to be done before a beta is released? ;)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    the base idea was to write a Lib that Devs can use to communicate with sat>ip Transmitters

Ah, OK. I was under the impression that this was a dependency for MP.

Code:
        var thd = new Thread(() => GetSocketResponse(socket));
        socket.SendTo(broadcastMessage, 0, broadcastMessage.Length, SocketFlags.None, new IPEndPoint(multicastAddress, multicastPort));
        thd.Start();
        Thread.Sleep(searchTimeOut);

I know this is sample code, so you probably know all this.. anyway, a few things I noticed:
    - you're creating a Thread that is never terminated; also, why create a thread to process the result, if the original thread is doing nothing but sleeping :) If you do want to execute a background task, consider using ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem (fire and forget) or Task.Run.
    - you're creating a WebClient that is never released

The solution is probably to call the GetSocketResponse in a loop from the GetSsdpListener method and to use a CancellationToken with a timeout to ensure the loop exits (the timeout probably also needs to be set on the Socket to ensure the method exits), which gives you a place to clean up resources as well.

Is this all the library does? This is more like a utility method than a library :)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It currently doesn't compile. Some non SAT> IP things have to be finished first.

I just had a quick look at the code and it appears to target only DVB-S/S2 (or rather, I saw no special code for DVB-C/T/T2). Do you plan on also supporting these tuners?

I might be able to help with the URL format, since my OctupusNet is equipped only with DVB-C tuners.. here's a snippet from my channel M3U (from the danish YouSee cable provider):

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,BBC World
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=786&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=550,551,0,559
    #EXTINF:0,CNN
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=786&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=860,861,0,869
    #EXTINF:0,TV2 News
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=840,841,0,849,842
    #EXTINF:0,TV2 HD
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=378&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=1200,1206,0,1209,1212

Some channels also feature AC3 audio (e.g. TV2 HD also has PID 1201 with the normal audio stream). No idea how to auto-detect this information or how to get it from the OctopusNet though.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ah, OK. I was under the impression that this was a dependency for MP.

Code:
        var thd = new Thread(() => GetSocketResponse(socket));
        socket.SendTo(broadcastMessage, 0, broadcastMessage.Length, SocketFlags.None, new IPEndPoint(multicastAddress, multicastPort));
        thd.Start();
        Thread.Sleep(searchTimeOut);

I know this is sample code, so you probably know all this.. anyway, a few things I noticed:
    - you're creating a Thread that is never terminated; also, why create a thread to process the result, if the original thread is doing nothing but sleeping :) If you do want to execute a background task, consider using ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem (fire and forget) or Task.Run.
    - you're creating a WebClient that is never released

The solution is probably to call the GetSocketResponse in a loop from the GetSsdpListener method and to use a CancellationToken with a timeout to ensure the loop exits (the timeout probably also needs to be set on the Socket to ensure the method exits), which gives you a place to clean up resources as well.

Is this all the library does? This is more like a utility method than a library :)

the Problem sat ip Server must not have a Presentation Site and so is the Field PresentationURL always empty but this field had i used in Constructor(UpnpDevice) http://sourceforge.net/p/satip/code/HEAD/tree/SatIp/SatIp.Library/Rtsp/RtspDevice.cs

so had i search for an alternative way for http://sourceforge.net/p/satip/code/HEAD/tree/SatIp/SatIp.Library/Upnp/SatIpDeviceLocator.cs to get the ip of device and parse of SatIp_XCap

to Code Quality i know that some parts of code are ugly
    this has two reasons
    1. I m a Hobbiest
    2. I write code in my sparetime

Last edited:

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It currently doesn't compile. Some non SAT> IP things have to be finished first.

I just had a quick look at the code and it appears to target only DVB-S/S2 (or rather, I saw no special code for DVB-C/T/T2). Do you plan on also supporting these tuners?

I might be able to help with the URL format, since my OctupusNet is equipped only with DVB-C tuners.. here's a snippet from my channel M3U (from the danish YouSee cable provider):

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,BBC World
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=786&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=550,551,0,559
    #EXTINF:0,CNN
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=786&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=860,861,0,869
    #EXTINF:0,TV2 News
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=840,841,0,849,842
    #EXTINF:0,TV2 HD
    rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=378&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=1200,1206,0,1209,1212

Some channels also feature AC3 audio (e.g. TV2 HD also has PID 1201 with the normal audio stream). No idea how to auto-detect this information or how to get it from the OctopusNet though.

send a RTSPSetup with this data rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&pids=0
    this tunes the Transponder
    send a RtspPlay with this data rtsp://10.0.0.62:554/?freq=626&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&mtype=64qam&addpids=16,17

then should the RTP Data TS contains NIT and SDT and you becomes all Service Information for this multiplex
    if you add 18 too becomes you the EIT Informations

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You guys should get a CI (continuous integration) server up and running to help avoid broken builds, which I'd imagine can be rather frustrating for a distributed team of developers. Or you could apply for a free account somewhere, like here: http://codebetter.com/codebetter-ci/
    yes, we already considered this but for some reason thrown the idea away again. Can't remember anymore what the reason was?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom