digital everywhere stops manufacturing of FireDTV / FloppyDTV

Discussion in 'TV-Cards' started by TheMec, September 3, 2009.

1. TheMec

TheMec New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Dear Team Mediaportal members,
    Dear Mediaportal users,
    Dear friends,

after years of a good and friendly co-operation with the Team Mediaportal I have today to make a sad announcement.

digital everywhere decided to stop the manufacturing of its products and reduced all the current activities to the minimum.

digital everywhere and Mediaportal began to work together in 2004 when both of them were nothing more than a strange idea. Many things happened since then and I can honestly admit that digital everywhere would have never started without the friendly support of all the Team Mediaportal.

I wish to personally thanks every one of you. It would not be possible to mention every member of the team I met in those years but I allow myself to give special thanks to frodo (probably the only one of the team I also personally met in real life...) and @infinityloop (who never stopped stimulating us to improve our things).

I wish all of you good luck and a lot of fun with Mediaportal! Keep on the good work!

bye
    TheMec

• Like Like x 9
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. infinite.loop
    • Premium Supporter

infinite.loop Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Thank you Marco!

It is very, very sad that it had come to this.
    All we can do is to thank you and your colleagues for what you have accomplished during the last years, and the great cooperation between our team and yours.

We wish you all the best for the future and you can be assured that we will never forgett what Digital Everywhere did for MediaPortal and HTPC's in general! :)

4. PHDNovice

PHDNovice Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OMG

This is very unfortunate news!:mad: I hope they survive the bad economic times and are able to restart development and manufacturing in 2010 or so. Many companies are in a similar situation.

I'm a happy user of a FireDTV for a few years now and I think it beats most other devices I've seen. As our local provider is now starting to use the CI+ as their standard for DVB-C, I was hoping on them to come with a solution soon. Bad luck for me.

@infinityloop: I guess your team will get many questions regarding what the best alternave to the FireDTV is. Any ideas?

5. Spooky
    • Premium Supporter

Spooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    TheMec: thank you for posting here too :). It saddens me too that digital everywhere found such an end now, I am a big fan of your products. As infinityloop already said in his newspost, it will leave a hole that may never be filled again!

I wish the digital everywhere all the best and good luck in the future.

6. uggabugga
    • Premium Supporter

uggabugga MP Donator

IT Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    These are sad news indeed :(

I have 2 FloppyDTV and I only got them 3 years back because MP recommended them and I never looked back since ;)

I wish you all the best in the future :)

7. infinite.loop
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    This is actually something which causes me a huge headache.
    There is none i would know/recommend currently. :(

8. lujo

lujo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is Anysee DVB-Cards good product?

example: ::: anysee E30PS2 Plus :::

And why is this card not supported? TV-Server/tvcards - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

9. infinite.loop
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    You can watch dvb-s channels with that card
    You can NOT watch dvb-s2 channels with that card!
    Reasons are:
    • noone from the team owns such a card (hence why we have no clue if that card is worth anything)
    • noone from the team has the required sdk to be able to add dvb-s2 tuning subbort to Tv-Server (has to be coded seperatelly since its not part of BDA specs)

10. DanThMan

DanThMan Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    It is a DVB-s2 card, and it should work just fine. I've got a couple of tuners from Tevii
    TeVii - DVBSHOP - Technotrend,Mystique,TeVii,Kathrein,Shop,DVB-S,DVB-C,DVB-T,HDTV,H.264,DVB-S2
    that works just fine. You've got to involve a phoenix reader for encrypted channels. For some reason though,
    those readers are equal to cardsharing aka piracy. For my sake, it was a way to buy tuners much cheaper than
    for example Digitaleverywhere. I've got a lot of HD-channels, and they look very good....

11. lujo

lujo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do you have DiSEqC Motor? Is it working fine with DiSEqC Motor?
    Which phoenix reader do you use?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!