digital everywhere stops manufacturing of FireDTV / FloppyDTV (1 Viewer)

TheMec

March 29, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Dear Team Mediaportal members,
Dear Mediaportal users,
Dear friends,

after years of a good and friendly co-operation with the Team Mediaportal I have today to make a sad announcement.

digital everywhere decided to stop the manufacturing of its products and reduced all the current activities to the minimum.

digital everywhere and Mediaportal began to work together in 2004 when both of them were nothing more than a strange idea. Many things happened since then and I can honestly admit that digital everywhere would have never started without the friendly support of all the Team Mediaportal.

I wish to personally thanks every one of you. It would not be possible to mention every member of the team I met in those years but I allow myself to give special thanks to frodo (probably the only one of the team I also personally met in real life...) and @infinityloop (who never stopped stimulating us to improve our things).

I wish all of you good luck and a lot of fun with Mediaportal! Keep on the good work!

bye
TheMec

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you Marco!

It is very, very sad that it had come to this.
    All we can do is to thank you and your colleagues for what you have accomplished during the last years, and the great cooperation between our team and yours.

We wish you all the best for the future and you can be assured that we will never forgett what Digital Everywhere did for MediaPortal and HTPC's in general! :)

PHDNovice

Portal Member
    July 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OMG

This is very unfortunate news!:mad: I hope they survive the bad economic times and are able to restart development and manufacturing in 2010 or so. Many companies are in a similar situation.

I'm a happy user of a FireDTV for a few years now and I think it beats most other devices I've seen. As our local provider is now starting to use the CI+ as their standard for DVB-C, I was hoping on them to come with a solution soon. Bad luck for me.

@infinityloop: I guess your team will get many questions regarding what the best alternave to the FireDTV is. Any ideas?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    TheMec: thank you for posting here too :). It saddens me too that digital everywhere found such an end now, I am a big fan of your products. As infinityloop already said in his newspost, it will leave a hole that may never be filled again!

I wish the digital everywhere all the best and good luck in the future.

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    These are sad news indeed :(

I have 2 FloppyDTV and I only got them 3 years back because MP recommended them and I never looked back since ;)

I wish you all the best in the future :)

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is Anysee DVB-Cards good product?

example: ::: anysee E30PS2 Plus :::

And why is this card not supported? TV-Server/tvcards - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    You can watch dvb-s channels with that card
    You can NOT watch dvb-s2 channels with that card!
    Reasons are:
    • noone from the team owns such a card (hence why we have no clue if that card is worth anything)
    • noone from the team has the required sdk to be able to add dvb-s2 tuning subbort to Tv-Server (has to be coded seperatelly since its not part of BDA specs)

DanThMan

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is Anysee DVB-Cards good product?

example: ::: anysee E30PS2 Plus :::

And why is this card not supported? TV-Server/tvcards - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    You can watch dvb-s channels with that card
    You can NOT watch dvb-s2 channels with that card!
    Reasons are:
    • noone from the team owns such a card (hence why we have no clue if that card is worth anything)
    • noone from the team has the required sdk to be able to add dvb-s2 tuning subbort to Tv-Server (has to be coded seperatelly since its not part of BDA specs)

It is a DVB-s2 card, and it should work just fine. I've got a couple of tuners from Tevii
    TeVii - DVBSHOP - Technotrend,Mystique,TeVii,Kathrein,Shop,DVB-S,DVB-C,DVB-T,HDTV,H.264,DVB-S2
    that works just fine. You've got to involve a phoenix reader for encrypted channels. For some reason though,
    those readers are equal to cardsharing aka piracy. For my sake, it was a way to buy tuners much cheaper than
    for example Digitaleverywhere. I've got a lot of HD-channels, and they look very good....

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    It is a DVB-s2 card, and it should work just fine. I've got a couple of tuners from Tevii
    TeVii - DVBSHOP - Technotrend,Mystique,TeVii,Kathrein,Shop,DVB-S,DVB-C,DVB-T,HDTV,H.264,DVB-S2
    that works just fine. You've got to involve a phoenix reader for encrypted channels. For some reason though,
    those readers are equal to cardsharing aka piracy. For my sake, it was a way to buy tuners much cheaper than
    for example Digitaleverywhere. I've got a lot of HD-channels, and they look very good....

Do you have DiSEqC Motor? Is it working fine with DiSEqC Motor?
    Which phoenix reader do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom