DigitalDevices Dual DVB-S2 Testing (CAM/DiSEqC) (1 Viewer)

Freuli

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
AW: DigitalDevices Dual DVB-S2 Testing (CAM/DiSEqC)

Hi,

I have two problems with MP 1.1.1:
1) sometimes i have TV freezes. After a TV newstart DD cine S2 won't work. I get "unable to start graph". After a newstart of the PC everything is ok
2) sometimes recordings are stopping before they come to the end (recording, not watching). If I satrt TV then, DD cine S2 won't work. After a restart of the PC everything ist ok.

Do you need any logs or something else?

Thanks

Markus

gordon55

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi Freuli,
Both of your issues might have he same cause ... Do you still see the CIneS2 in the hardware manager after "unable to start graph" ?

Have a look at the Tunerlog file then, to create it, start the LogReader, you'll find it in "Start Menu > Programs > Digital Devices > DVB Devices". The Tunerlog.txt will be created on your desktop.

You should see something like :
20.10.2010 23:08:00 L4MNgTun Device c41:20000: Tune success DVBS Tuner 1
Version = 3
Error = 00000000

If you see :
09.10.2010 20:38:34 L4MNgTun Device c41:20000: Tune failure DVBS Tuner 1
Version = 3
Error = C00000B5

you have the "timing problem", which could be solved by reboot only and is related to the PCIe bus (I got once the advice to set the PCIe timing in BIOS to 100 (not Auto), others set it to 99 to overcome that problem)

and the worst case :
10.10.2010 14:43:04 L4MNgTun Device c41:20000: Tune failure DVBS Tuner 1
Version = 3
Error = C0000001

This is a memory problem on the CineS2 onboard memory and can be solved only via shutdown, completely power off the machine and wait some minutes (sometimes 1 min is enough, sometimes you'll need 5 min)

Please check you signal quality in the Tunerlog as well f.e.:
S/N = 145
Strength = 66
S/N should be above 100, Strength above 60 seems to be good, otherwise check your antenna / cables.

Freuli

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007

Hi,

I don't have such error codes. I recogized something else. If the TV is freezing tv service is crashed and it is impossible to shutdown the computer (it hangs by shutdown the computer.
Before the shutdown everything exclude TV in MP works correctly.

Could it be a hardware defect of the cine s2?

Thanks

Markus

chribe

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Problems with DigitalDevices CineS2 CAM-Sharing

Hi Morpheus_XX and all the others...

I seem to bee to stupid to get it working... :confused:

My MP1.1.1-System with driver 1.4.5.57 is descrambling if only one tuner of my CineS2-card is selected. When activated both tuners in the DVBCineConfig tool i only get error messages, also on unscrambled channels, no working preview nor timeshifting in tv-server. I'm running your final-1.1.1-patch.

It seem to be a V4 Card according to the control manager (Gerätemanager...what's this in english?), and i also tried updating the damn AMD board and changing the slots already... don't know if the timing bug is the cause or not, i cannot identify the bios value which should be set to manual instead of "auto"...

Curious: When both tuners activated in DVBCineConfig i can't even get something out of the DigitalDevices LogReader, only empty files. Unfortunately i'm not quite good in interpreting the MP-Logfiles to find it out myself.

Using other dd-driver versions didn't even work that way. With only one tuner activated with the CAM it works with viaccess and alphacrypt TC. I'm using an SRG smartcard (Schweizer Fernsehen).

Oder noch klarer auf Deutsch: im DD-Tool kann nur 1 Tuner angewählt werden, bei beiden geht nichts mehr, auch nicht auf freien Kanälen. (Im TV-Server-Konfig ist CAM aktiviert.)

Logs: TV-Server is a server only machine, and there are two EEEBox-Clients connected, here are 2 logs of one client-machine.
If you can see causes of my other strange behaviours like sudden stops (which i think are because of the tuners...)

Thank you,

Christian

Darkroom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with DigitalDevices CineS2 CAM-Sharing

@ chribe

I would guess that there´s a Problem with your card/driver. normaly the logReader in the DD driver works fine.
    I have only Vers 2 + 3 cards in my system. I would ask the supüport from DD for this Problem
    When you enable both Tuners with CI and try to run an alternative DVB-Program - did it work ?

greeets

Klaus

gordon55

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

LogReader in some version was broken, I think it was the .57 ...
    just take the logreader from other version, newer prefered.

btw, I don't have CAMs, but if I understand correctly from Morpheus_xx, TVserver part described here is part of MP 1.2.0alpha anyway, so maybe you consider updating either the TVserverpart in your 1.1.1 or whole stuff to 1.2.0a.

chribe

Portal Member
    December 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks a lot! i'll give that a try.

Do you use the actual dd driver or is there some trouble with that version?

Good night,
    Christian

gordon55

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

chribe : I was using .34 on my live installation, tested .50 and .60 as well without problems.
    actually it does not matter which driver I'm using as you have CAM, I don't use neither CAM nor DiseqC, two important criterias to choose driver version (check the release notes on DD homepage for more infos).
    Therefore I'd recomment to install the latest .60
    and just have a look on the MCE comunity (hardware, TV-Card, Digital devices), where the DD guys support the users directly

chribe

Portal Member
    December 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi All

Thank you for you input, unfortunately nothing helps. I don't even get any signal in MCE when CAM-Sharing activated...

As i have an AMD based motherboard, i assume there's the cause...?

I've upgraded the driver and disabled MP-TVserver, activated MCE policy and konfigured tv channels there.
    No reception when tuners in dd dvbconfig enabled.

I'll try on a different PC when i once have a boring minute left...

Liebi Grüess us dr Schwiiz,

Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom