DirectTV SHEF IP Control Plugin for TVServer (1 Viewer)

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @sjevtic i went through the thread you gave me and although i am sure its all good information, it is well over my head. i wonder, if i change the settings in the schedules direct plugin and restart the tv service, will this change the settings in the channels? doubt it could be that easy, but sure would be nice if it was. alternatively i wonder if i could export the channels to xml, then edit the xml, then re import them.

Yes, there is some complexity in there, but that is a consequence of the questions being asked. It just so happens that the example query I presented in that message is the *exact* one you need: configuring your channels for component video and TOSlink audio. I even went as far as giving the exact sqlcmd command that you can paste into a cmd.exe window on your TV-Server machine, assuming you are using the MS SQL Server database on that machine, a pretty common installation scenario. A few pages down, @ltpr explains how to do it on on MySQL:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vr-colossus-support.94850/page-77#post-858563

I know the thread can be overwhelming, but patience goes a long way--there are some real pearls of wisdom in there.

In theory, export/modify/import should work, but I do not know for sure if this will work right for channels managed by the SD plugin.

You could modify the SHEF plugin to send whatever SHEF commands you want. But the reality is that this alone won't help much because you'd also need to develop user interface elements to support that logic and present it in a friendly fashion. Alternatively, if you want something quick and dirty, you can send requests for button presses and other functionality using a web browser (bookmark button) or even wget (to call from a script). The document I linked to above contains all the SHEF commands.

i looked around breifly and found on another site that they are having to do a sort of series of arrow and select commands to get to it. i was hoping for something similar to channel numbers/ids. like maybe if the pandora app had an id similar to the channel ids so i could go directly there rather then simulating a bunch or remote control actions.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=17649.0

You might want to search to see if there is a newer SHEF spec floating around that exposes that feature for access with a single absolute command, as I suspect that spec I referenced predates the Pandora functionality in the receiver, If not, you might have to do something similar to what is suggested in your link though you shouldn't need a 2 second delay between commands if implemented carefully.

Sasha

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    logo manager is 1. not useful for US users
    There's an updated config file to add US support here and a repo here.

yeah, i suppose i could contribute my images to the plugin but it would not even run on my install.
    As above, it would be really helpful if you could upload them somewhere.

every time i tried to go to it in mediaportal is would give a black screen saying something like "missing or invalid file" and clicking "config" within the mediaportal configuration did nothing.
    I'd guess it's related to this.

clicking "config" within the mediaportal configuration did nothing.
    It's a feature apparently.

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    Wondering if this issue has been had by anyone else. I tried hooking up my new coax/optical converters, and the audio does not work. even when i use showbiz...when i select line-in, works fine, when i switch to "optical" video studders bad and audio is non-existent. Any ideas?

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Wondering if this issue has been had by anyone else. I tried hooking up my new coax/optical converters, and the audio does not work. even when i use showbiz...when i select line-in, works fine, when i switch to "optical" video studders bad and audio is non-existent. Any ideas?

I have seen this exact behavior when attempting to use the optical input of the Colossus but for some reason the audio connection is bad. Do you have another device with an optical audio input that you can use to test the combination of your receiver, cables, and coax to optical converter? For example, does your receiver have optical audio inputs that could be used for this test?

Sasha

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    that is going to be my next test. i worry that i may have got worthless converters off ebay. i am coming to this conclusion because i have 2 directv boxes hooked to 2 colossus' and neither of them work, both with the same symptoms. i'll test the coax, and if that works i will test the fiber. in the event that it is those junk converters, can you provide a link to the ones that you know to work? thanks.

in the mean time, these are what i purchased...
    fiber cables
    converters

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    it looks to me like those converters are almost exactly the same, i do however question the fiber cables i bought. either way hopefully i will be able to do that testing when i get home from work today. the converters being practically the same is to a bit of relief since those are the ones i would have to reorder, i am sure i have some fiber cables laying around somewhere.

another curiosity i have before testing is does this same thing happen if there is a bad connection on the coax side of the equation? maybe i can narrow it to the cheap fiber cables before i even start troubleshooting.

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    I believe a bad connection on the coax side has a similar effect, but I don't remember any more for sure. Ever since I got it all working and stuffed into the cabinet a couple years ago I've been scared to touch it. :)

Sasha

LeeTXJD

Portal Member
    May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Greetings all.

I recently had to upgrade from an H24 to a HR44 (A Genie DVR and a wired mini-genie). Previously everything worked great.

Does anyone know how/if to get the SHEF IP plug in to work with the mini-genie. I know the mini-genie's IP address, but that doesn't seem to allow the plug in to control the mini genie. I am able to control the "main" Genie DVR (the HR44), but can't seem to get it to work with the mini-genie.

Also, when turning the Main Genie DVR on or off using the plug-in, the channels won't change. I noticed there might be a need for a delay between the on command and channel changes, but I don't know how to change that timing.

Any insight would be appreciated.

-LeeTXD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom