Directv (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ...As for my documentaiton, I've got most of it ironed out and I will post it in a new topic. I'll try and do that tonight when I get home.

Won't you also place the documentation in the wiki? Isn't that where it should be going? It seems these threads at times are hard to search through, especially for a new person!

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I haven't contributed to the wiki and what I'd like to do is extract what is useful out of the forum post into the wiki. I'm gearing my documentation towards US users using direcTV ATM. Sort of specific and not very global (some peices will be though).

I will definately get as much as I can into the wiki. I'm not very wiki-savvy so I will be learning as I go.

bxs122

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    @mzemina: I'm aware of that plugin, although I'm using the second directvtune plugin in that thread (the one in MP downloads). The D11 does not have a low speed data port, only a usb connector, so it's going to require a rewrite. I've seen people go through the process with mythtv.

Not sure if there is an interest here but I just finished a rewrite of an existing plugin allowing for full support of the DirecTV DII unit via a USB/Serial adapter where from the PC serial command are issued and executed on the D11.

This is a .NET 2.x Assembly compiled and running on MCE 2005 - I am exploring MP as an alternative and will create a same PlugIn for MP once I am through getting MP set up and running.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    @mzemina: I'm aware of that plugin, although I'm using the second directvtune plugin in that thread (the one in MP downloads). The D11 does not have a low speed data port, only a usb connector, so it's going to require a rewrite. I've seen people go through the process with mythtv.

Not sure if there is an interest here but I just finished a rewrite of an existing plugin allowing for full support of the DirecTV DII unit via a USB/Serial adapter where from the PC serial command are issued and executed on the D11.

This is a .NET 2.x Assembly compiled and running on MCE 2005 - I am exploring MP as an alternative and will create a same PlugIn for MP once I am through getting MP set up and running.

That sounds great. If you need any help getting MP configured, etc please join the IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. I'd be happy to help you any way I can. I'm not so good with TV cards/DirecTV stuff, but I do OK with file playing and general stuff.

bxs122

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    That sounds great. If you need any help getting MP configured, etc please join the IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. I'd be happy to help you any way I can. I'm not so good with TV cards/DirecTV stuff, but I do OK with file playing and general stuff.

The plugin is posted in Plugins forum and one person is currently using it with success so although written without a functioning MP environement it thankfully works; of course serial IO hasn't changed in years...wasn't much of an effort.

Thanx for the invite to help me with my own MP woes. To date I am still pretty stumped. I install, I see my cards, I map to existing recorded TV, setup DVD etc and have not been able to watch anything.
    - Playing a DVD shows up in a very small 16:9 box center screen and no sound
    - Playing a dvr-ms file created through MCE of home movies shows up no sound and a black screen
    - tuning into an ATSC channel shows up again small but I think I did hear something.

drunnero

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey I'm new to mediaportal and I'm trying to get a good idea on what hardware I need to allow my mp box to change the channels on my Direct TV STB via the USB port. What setups people using to accomplish this? This is actually one of my main reason for switching from mythtv to mp. So I hope I can make it work.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom