disapointment (1 Viewer)

redknight

Portal Member
February 15, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I hope you are still here because I have some dissapointing news. That didn't work either. The firs time I ran it I am sure the exec had finished because I saw a couple of quick messages and I am sure one said "destination file couldn't be created." The second time it failed just like the 123 file did. That makes me think the problem is mine is a win 7 64 bit 64 bit. I think the file tried to write or run 32 bit which more often than not fails. One more such failure and I will be looking for a way to format the hard drive and load a 32 bit OS. I can load a OS practicaly in my sleep I have done it so many times.

MP works on Win7 64bit without a problem. I use it myself. :)
Can you check if the folder C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy exists?

In there you should find:
package-mediaportal.exe
package-tvengine.exe

Can you run them and see if it installs? (package-tvengine.exe only needs to be run if you want to watch TV with MediaPortal)

Thanks! :)

SON OF A SNITCH! I t actually worked. That was maybe the first I went time went that deep in a path to run a setup program. I expected it to fail. If you were here I would consider giving you a big wet one.
Only consider. I would never do it:>)[DOUBLEPOST=1361067622][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope you are still here because I have some dissapointing news. That didn't work either. The firs time I ran it I am sure the exec had finished because I saw a couple of quick messages and I am sure one said "destination file couldn't be created." The second time it failed just like the 123 file did. That makes me think the problem is mine is a win 7 64 bit 64 bit. I think the file tried to write or run 32 bit which more often than not fails. One more such failure and I will be looking for a way to format the hard drive and load a 32 bit OS. I can load a OS practicaly in my sleep I have done it so many times.

MP works on Win7 64bit without a problem. I use it myself. :)
Can you check if the folder C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy exists?

In there you should find:
package-mediaportal.exe
package-tvengine.exe

Can you run them and see if it installs? (package-tvengine.exe only needs to be run if you want to watch TV with MediaPortal)

Thanks! :)

Good and bad news. I am sure install completed. Bad news, it wouldn't or couldn't run the configuration. Same in the tv eng. I ran that little extension mgr and it did work

redknight

Portal Member
February 15, 2013
Home Country
I don't see my reply so if this is the second time I said, sorry.

I tried your suggestions and did get further, but it still didn't work. Couldn't run the configuration file.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you changed anything for your Windows installation, that may be causing you grief, also have a 64bit setup running fine, but just from some of the things you have said you have had problems with, sound to much like a corrupted windows installation, have you removed any major features, is this a upgrade or clean install.

Personally always went for a clean install, with all windows updates, created a system image and go forward from that point.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    It couldn't connect with either sql option. I wonder if a file is missing or a virus denial of service thing so it could better protect itself in some way.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Gosh, I am not sure.
    How did you get an image. I have had Norton's ghost and really liked it. If I could get that now, I would. A friend set it up for me with a menu file. I never could have done it. Do you think it is worth it to try a factory install and up date.[DOUBLEPOST=1361106904][/DOUBLEPOST]I am going to try a fresh install of my sql files since the failure involved sql. Wish me luck

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Reinstalling sql files didn't work I dld something different than what I had, because I never saw the work bench before. I looked through it and found it interesting. The only thing did was setup a connection. I think I did get an updated server out of it though.

Still thinking about a full factory clean instalation.[DOUBLEPOST=1361117502][/DOUBLEPOST]I did import a file made someplace else and as much as I know about nero 12 it worked. I have a lot more to learn.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Reinstalling sql files didn't work I dld something different than what I had, because I never saw the work bench before. I looked through it and found it interesting. The only thing did was setup a connection. I think I did get an updated server out of it though.

Still thinking about a full factory clean instalation.[DOUBLEPOST=1361117502][/DOUBLEPOST]I did import a file made someplace else and as much as I know about nero 12 it worked. I have a lot more to learn.

If I do a win 7 32 bit it is going to cost me 80 plus dollars. Now if I could find a pirated version. I think I would try a factory install of 64 first.
    Have you changed anything for your Windows installation, that may be causing you grief, also have a 64bit setup running fine, but just from some of the things you have said you have had problems with, sound to much like a corrupted windows installation, have you removed any major features, is this a upgrade or clean install.

Personally always went for a clean install, with all windows updates, created a system image and go forward from that point.

paranoid delusion
    I think you just sent me another reply at 8:11 on Sunday, but I can't find it. Or was that another conversation and I misunderstood the alert and thought it was a reply for me. I haven't seen an alert before.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Here is a screen shot you might be interested in.

Let me know if you got it. I haven't enough experience in screen shots or sending them to you.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Hello everybody. I am just getting back on here after a full factory restore. I
    will get back to my normal obnoxious self in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom