Discussion of Metadata Tags (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you know how I set the page not to have a restricted width? I guess I already asked this in the past and the answer was "not possible"
    Don't remember anything before last night :p ( I have a vague recollection ) What do you want to do? What do you mean by a 'restricted width'? You mean you want to remove the Navigation Panel and use the full page width? If so, yeah that is global, so not possible per page. So the only think I can think of is to insert the table as a file attachment, or an image you can click to open full screen, but then it is not editable in wiki :(

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you know how I set the page not to have a restricted width? I guess I already asked this in the past and the answer was "not possible"
    Don't remember anything before last night :p ( I have a vague recollection ) What do you want to do? What do you mean by a 'restricted width'? You mean you want to remove the Navigation Panel and use the full page width? If so, yeah that is global, so not possible per page. So the only think I can think of is to insert the table as a file attachment, or an image you can click to open full screen, but then it is not editable in wiki :(
    I edited the page to have the table in a div which I gave the style "Overflow:scroll". Now you can scroll the table horizontally (not ideal, but at least you can see everything).

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've created new wiki page for series tag mapping between different technologies.
    The tags are grouped by entities "Series", "Season" and "Episode".

The tag mapping contains currently the MP2 MediaAspect info (Aspect & Property), the TvDB.com xml node and the MatroskaTag.
    This could be extended with specification for MP4 tags or NFO files.

The cell's background color indicates whether the tag is read by MediaPortal 2.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_...cepts/Metadata_system/MediaAspects/SeriesTags

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pretty cool to document all the stuff, brings some issues to daylight: i.e. the Writers are missing in VideoApect, which is not new, but we already read it from TMDB.

So here we go for MovieTags mapping:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_...ncepts/Metadata_system/MediaAspects/MovieTags

For those who are interested in the currently planned aspect changes, I created a parent issue in mantis to collect them.
    See http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4286 and children...

For now I keep the changes simple, i.e. not introducing the character of an Actor<>Movie relationship as I am not sure how to realize it within the current media management / database architecture (from code point of view, not from db relationship pov).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My 2c (Regarding writing to mkv metadata, not reading)

If using a snapshot raid configuration eg. SnapRaid, then modifying mkv files metadata will break the 'backup' of someone's media until the next synch. If we are talking about user invoked changes then this would be ok (because the user would know that he has modified his media files), but if the changes are automatic or periodic it may mess with someone's snapraid, so there should be an option to turn this off.

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 doesn't and won't modify any media files.
    At least not with the officially plugins.
    If there is a need to change or modify anything for any use case, it needs a detailed discussion, maybe settings to disable it etc....

But this thread is all about reading the metadata. Nevertheless, thanks for the info :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Following is important from my point of view
    • Language of audio tracks
    • Language of subtitle tracks
    By this you can filter movies according to you demand. Helpful in multicultural environment. My movies have german audio, but my wife needs spanish subtitles ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom